Chapter 28: His heart

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"Hey what's taking you long?" Devin asked.

"Devin look" I pointed

He looked around in my room and said "what's wrong, the room looks fine"

"That's the problem. Why would my room out of everything in the house not be trashed"

He didn't say anything.

Something is off, it's as if he's trying to tell me something.

"Let's just go" he said.

I nodded and went downstairs.

"He wants us to meet at the school. That's where mom is"

"Alright, let's go" dad said.

********

When we made it to the school, we stood in front of the entrance.

"We have to be prepared for whatever is beyond these doors"

They nodded and we began to walk inside.

Going inside, the hallway was dark.

As we were walking down the hallway the gym doors busted open and a strong wind pulled us in.

"Hold on!" Devin said.

We then landed on the ground and the gym doors closed behind us.

"Finally you made it" I heard.

Looking around, I saw the king in midair on the other side of the gym.

"Where's my mom?"

"Oh don't worry she's right here" when he snapped his fingers, she appeared chained up.

"Mom!"

"...Lexi" she said.

Dad started walking up alittle more and said "Minna? Is that you?"

She looked at him and said "...Clyde"

He smiled and said "yeah, it's me"

"Okay that's enough" the king said as he snapped his fingers then she disappeared.

"No!"

"Where's the queen?" James asked.

"It's over, we already know your heart is in the queen" Devin said.

The Kings started to laugh.

"Your really pathetic. Do you honestly think I would put my heart in someone not as important right now" he said.

"Not as important" I thought.

Then I realized where the heart truly was..."it's inside of me, isn't it?"

They all looked at me shocked.

"That's why when my house was trashed my room wasn't, you were giving me a hint"

"Wait what" dad said.

The king just smirked at me.

"I already knew you would figure it out, your such a clever and smart girl" he said.

"But why, why would you give us a hint to figure out where your heart was?"

"Simple. Because I know that it's going to be a very hard decision to either save your mother or risk trying to figure out which heart is mine" he said.

"How long was it in me?"

"Since you were born" he said.

I looked at my dad and asked "how was he able to put it inside me"

He looked at me confused.

"I-I don't know, I didn't even know it was inside you" he said.

"Why would he know? The person you should be asking is your dear mother" king said as he brought her back in.

He moved her face towards us and said "why don't you tell your dear daughter what you did when she was born" he said.

Looking in her face she started talking.

"...when you were first born...the doctor had told me that you were dying and that you only had maybe a few days to live. I couldn't live with that, knowing that my first born would soon die was heartbreaking. When your father had told me about how the king has tremendous powers, I wanted to ask him for help, but your father wouldn't let me. Then as if he already knew what I wanted the king came to me and offered me a deal. If I was to let him place his heart inside of you, then he would cure you. Lexi, I couldn't pass up that offer" she said.

I felt tears coming down.

"So I agreed with him and he placed his heart inside of you.
I never asked why, nor did I care. I just wanted you to live. But if I would have known that this day would come, I would have never made that deal" she had tears coming down.

"How--how do you remember all of this. I thought our memories were wiped away when dad left"

"They did, but recently I was able to remember, I don't know how, but I was" she said.

So my mom did all of that just to save my life.

"Now you see, it's your mothers fault, she put you through this" the king said.

"No, that's not true. She saved my life"

I have to figure out what I'm
Going to do.

"If the heart is In me, where's the queen at then?"

"Oh don't worry she's a bit chained up right now" he said.

At least she's safe.

"So what's it going to be. Kill me or save your mother" he asked.

I looked around at dad and them, then at my mom.

"No! Lexi, I've lived my life. Just kill him" mom said.

"It's not easy my dear just to kill me. She has to make sure she pulls out the right heart, because if she pulls out her's then she's dead and I win" he said.

He's right, I have to think.

If I pull the wrong one, I die and mom, Devin, dad and James will be...

But if I save mom...

There has to be another way to kill him.

"Tick tock" king said.

I looked at him and said "okay, I've decided"

"What will it be, my death or keeping dear mom alive" he said.

I took a deep breath...

"I..."