Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Mum, I did not mean to." The 10 year old me whispered after breaking a glass. I knew it was not expensive, but any excuse to get her hands on me, she would take it.

"You stupid child!" she said raising her hands to slap me. I didn't know why she was hitting me.

"I'm sorry... I would not do it again..." I tried picking up the broken glass, cutting myself in the process.

"Look what you are doing now! You worthless child, you can't even do anything without harming yourself." She said pushing me onto the broken glass.

"Daddy!" I cried out. Only after I saw it was the wrong thing to say. Her face stormed with anger. Her emotions controlled her movements. She picked me up dragged me up the stairs and threw me into my room. My legs hurt. They were bleeding.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry." I repeated over and over to myself, while curled in a ball on the floor.

"I'm sorry!" I shouted bolting up from my bed. My face was wet with tears. I was being hugged by Chris and Cole whispering to my ears.

"We're here." They said. "It's okay." They said.

They gave me a glass of water, I felt better, just by their touch. "I'm sorry" I told them.

"Hey." Cole said, lifting my chin to face his face. "That's what we're here for."

"You never told us your mom hit you." Chris said with hurt.

"How did you know?" I asked my voice still shaken.

"Our bond has grown. We can feel some of your pain and emotions. We are here to share your pain. You should have told us Nica." Chris said, wiping his thumb against my wet cheek.  The little action had my heart speed up.

"I didn't know she would haunt me here. I left her back at home. Funny, that was not a place anyone should call home." I did not know my laugh would turn out this cynical.

"She must be close. Can you feel her?" Cole asked. I turned my senses on closing my eyes to get a better feel. She was close by, but not too close.

"Yes." I whispered. "She is not close, but close enough for me to feel her." I told them.

"Why is she here?" Cole asked more to himself than others. Chris looked deep in thought too.

"I got away from her. I am done with her. She rejected me. I want to forget about her. Can we go to sleep?" I asked. The thinking was draining me. Chris took my hand and took me to the bath room. He wet a cloth and rubbed the dampness against my skin to wash the tears away. I felt myself leaning into his touch. It was addictive. His lips touched mine smoothly, fireworks erupted, and butterflies fluttered.  When he removed his soft lips, I could not help but whimper. He smile giving me a small peck.

"Go to bed sweet." He said in a soft voice. My body moved without my mind's permission. When I reached the bed Cole took me into his arms, and sat on the bed, cradling my body. He kissed my forehead, leaving a trail of tingles, he kissed my nose, and the butterflies erupted with anticipation as his lips touched mine. It was nice and simple, had me melting.

"Sleep." He whispered. Again, I did not argue, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

***

I woke up once again, I was being held by two strong men who kept all the nightmares away. I felt tired still, but I knew we already over slept.

"Morning babe." Cole and Chris said at the same time.

"Hey." I replied.

"How do you feel?" Cole asked.