Chapter 17

Chapter 17

We held hands all together. Everyone was at the bottom of the stairs watched as we entered into their view. They stayed quiet. My jade dress, matching with Cole and Chris's ties drew everyone's attention. It sent a message even before they knew the details. I held my head up and smiled, while Chris and Cole looked happy to be home. They both game be a squeeze on the hand in reassurance as they felt my emotions through the bond.

The quietness of the room was calming and tensed at the same time. My heels clicked and clocked as we took each graceful step at a time. There were a few cameras allowed to be inside, but only a few that could capture this moment the best. As we reached the bottom of the stairs, we went into the dining room, where everyone will eat first. Everyone followed us in silence as we sat down at the front table, our parents not too far behind. Every one took their seats in their correct assigned places and began conversations with the people around them. I took this time to take a deep breath. I looked to my left, and right, to see both Cole and Chris watching me.

"You handled that good." Cole said through the bond, making me smile.

"You think so?" I said back, through the bond. Speaking out loud will be breaking the silence of the room.

"No one could have done it better." Chris said, leaning to place a kiss on my cheek, which did not go unnoticed making me blush.

I looked around the table, and found my family, including Becca (she is part of my family now) and my mate's family including Jake (as beta and mate to Eliza). Everyone had smiles on their faces; I could not help but smile back. I glanced around the room to see kings and queens of countries, both were and humans, famous werewolves. The large room with such décor, this was a extraordinary occasion. I was becoming queen, and my mates, kings.

The food was served. This was no time for talking, the announcements will come later on, and all I could think about was only having one meal today. I was hungry, yet ate elegantly, well I hope I accomplished that. When everyone was done all the courses of the meal, the king and queen stood up. The whole room went silent.

"This is a memorable moment in our history." He started with his voice booming through the silent room. "Years ago, after meeting my mate Eleanor, I was no longer the lonely filled in a world with people who wanted me for what I had. I had someone who loved me no matter my prince status. I knew the love was real. It was then that my father passed down the crown to me. I was king of Lock Hart and the werewolf world." He said with a proud smile on his face that anyone in his position would be wearing. He was smiling at his wife in all the right places.

"Not too long after, my wife had twin boys, my first children that will inherit the throne once they have found their mate. And now Chris and Cole, I would like you to introduce your mate to the pack and the world." He said nodding at his sons, when he sat down they stood up.

"As you know, we have been waiting for this moment for a while." Cole said.

"The moment we would have our mate at our side. We searched all the kings and queens daughters around the world, but could not find her. The special one." Chris said, I was smiling and looking up.

"We found out that someone was making quite an impression on the people around her. People respected her presence. That’s what we got told. We went and followed our instincts to find the most beautiful girl."

"She captured us straight away; the pain in her eyes of hardship drew us in. we knew the hard times she had endure, that only made us love her more."

"This is Dominica Johnson, Princess of England." Cole finished. They held out their hands for me and guided me to my feet. They both placed a kiss on my cheeks, which made my heart skip a few beats. I smiled with them and held their hands tighter not sure of what to do. Next thing I knew, the tables were being cleared away, everyone on their feet still paying us attention. Everyone formed a circle around us and the room dimmed in its lighting, but everyone was still focused on us. My face most likely showed confusion. The king walked towards us the middle of the circle with a goblet and a blade. Instincts told me to kneel, and my mates did the same. We got to our knees before the king. He said a prayer to the God above us. Winds were moving around us as our heads were bowed. Instinct was the only thing driving me at this point, I did not know what to do, but I did exactly what I was supposed to.

We all held our wrist out, our heads closed along with our eyes. I felt the pain of a blade cutting through my wrists, but it healed as soon as it came. We lifted our heads opened our eyes. Cole took the goblet and took a sip of our blood, joined together inside. Then it was passed to Chris. The winds grew stronger. It was placed in my hands, and I drank the last of the sweetness.

The winds stopped.

Everything was silent as I handed the medieval goblet back. The king then handed it to his wife. He drew the crowns from the side, which were carried on cushions by three little children. He took the crown from the boy, and put it on Cole's head. He took his face in his hands and kissed his son's cheek.  He then took the second crown from the other little boy, and put it upon Chris's head, kissing his cheeks silently, wishing him well. Eleanor came up front; she took the last crown from the little girl and placed it on my head gently.

"Welcome to the family, my daughter and queen."

I know it's short, but I wanted this scene to be highlighted. I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you for the continuous support. It feels so much better to hear what you guys have to think.

Nila

Ps. this is not a story with mates hating each other. I wanted to show the peaceful side of having a mate instead of the war between them. I wanted it to be different. Pps. Anything you think will be awesome to include, message me and I'll try to put it in.