Chapter 21

Chapter 21

               I was in a room. It was dark; I smelt blood wherever I turned my head. My eyes were still closed, not wanting to open, but I could see the darkness behind my lids. Maybe it was because I was in a dream state. I felt like I had no control over my body. I felt stuck or paralysed. I hated the feeling of having no control of me. All my other senses heightened, I was able to smell all the blood around me, which I would not count to be a good thing.

I kept hearing a faint beep. I heard whispers, tickling my ears, when my eyes attempted to open on their own accord; I saw a strange scared face looking down at me.  He had a scary face; I knew it wouldn’t leave my memory. He was a muscular man, in his 30’s or 40’s. It was hard to tell.

“Wake up princess.” He said. “Let me see those eyes again.” He forced my eyes open. I saw shadows crossing over his face.

“Aw is the princess awake?” I heard to my left. It was Sarah, the woman I use to call mother. She was doing this. How could I not have known? I could not turn my face to look at her, I was so scared. I felt my body shake. I still had no control of my body or anything else around me.

“What’s happening hunny.” I heard the scar face man ask. He was talking to Sarah. Calling her hunny?

“This was not supposed to happen!” she screamed shaking my already shaking body. She was above me; I got to see her face, for the first time since she got me. I could not hear her screaming anymore. Mine was blocking hers out. I could make out her ordering me to stop. Stop shaking. Stop screaming.

“Her heart beat is speeding.”

“How is she? Is she in pain?”

“Why is she screaming and shouting? Sedate her!”

“No, she hates needles, don’t hurt my mate.”

 I stopped shaking. My eyes snapped open. After a while, my heart went back to normal only to be plunged into darkness once again.

I was drawing back into consciousness, I had a headache so bad I did not want to move my head in fear of making it worst. I opened my eyes but did not move my head. I moved my hands up to my head rubbing my temples, only to hear people shouting "she's awake." My headache got a bit better, I guess they gave me some pain killers through the drips, I was not paying attention. I was still in a hazy state. I felt someone's hands rubbing my head replacing the job of my hands. I felt my hands being lifted to the tips of someone's lips and knew these were the hands and lips of my mates. The thought alone gave me comfort.

I don’t how after being asleep so long I could be tired. I let my eyes droop, knowing my mates were by my side.

When I woke up, I found out that I was in my bed room.

"What happened?" I asked in a raspy voice full of sleep.

"Sarah was here. We do not know how she got out, but she is hiding and a threat. We cannot find her." Cole said. I sat straight up but then regretted it; I lay back down and turned to my side, to face away from Cole. I let the tears fall out of my eyes; I was beginning to feel safe. I was beginning to enjoy life once again. My vision blurred, but I blinked as soon as I saw Chris came into view. I tried to blink my tears away.

"Don’t hide from us Nica, it hurts." I felt guilty and allowed myself to be hugged closer to their warm body.  I cried into their shoulder. When I felt better for words, they spoke to me.

"We are sorry; I do not know how she got into the kingdom. We thought she would n longer be a threat. We spoke to your father and he had no idea of her escape." Chris said. I nodded; maybe I was not better for words. But I spoke anyways.