Chapter 1

It has been a week since I had accepted Gio's proposal to be his girlfriend, and also a week since I have told my family about him being involved in the Mafia. And would you believe that I have been treated like a child since? Apparently, I was forbidden to see Gio by my brother and Dad. I was not even allowed to work -practically grounded. Guards have being assigned to keep me inside, and were given precise instructions to monitor me, and ensure that I didn't leave the house- unless it was an emergency.

I had made up an excuse telling Gio that I was extremely sick with the flu, and that I couldn't go out. But how long was that excuse going to work? In addition, what if Gio started digging? Dad thought keeping me away from Gio was for my own good, but it was only going to start making things look suspicious.

Gio had wanted to come by and visit me, but I had to tell him that I was extremely contagious and that it was best if he stayed away while I was this sick. I didn't want to risk him coming here and figuring out who I was really related to. But right now, Dad and Mom was away in London, and wouldn't be getting back until the weekend so I figured, why not have some fun? They said that I couldn't leave the house, not that I couldn't bring someone to the house. While the cat is away, the mice will play.  I was going to risk things a bit. I had sent a text to Gio asking him to come over.

"Hey Ron, Percy. I'm having a business client over here for a meeting, so when he gets here inform me and show him in will you?" I said to the guards that were assigned to keep me prisoner in my own home. "Oh, and please don't refer to me as miss Luciano any at all when he gets here, Lexi is just fine. And please don't act like all 'guardily' okay? I don't want him to go getting ideas about our family. Can you do that?".

"Lexi, I'm not sure your father would appreciate me letting people in the house while..." Ron started to object.

"Look Ron, I don't care okay. My dad assigned you both to make sure that I don't leave the house unless of an emergency, well this is an emergency, a business one. And I'm not even leaving the house, so right now just do as I say because it isn't like you aren't doing your job. He said not to let me out, not that you shouldn't let me have anyone in, especially my business associates.

"Look, if I can't go to work the least I can do is to bring the work home. Do you understand?" I looked between both guys.

"Alright." Ron nodded.                                                        I looked at Percy who hadn't said anything this whole time.

"Got it." Percy replied.

"Good." I smiled at them before heading back upstairs to my room.

I went to freshen up in the meantime as I waited for Gio to arrive. I was fully aware that what I was doing -inviting Gio to the house- could be really risky, but I was willing to risk things for once. Even more, I
was like a rebellious teenager who was sneaking her boyfriend into her parent's house, so there was this thrill to it. I didn't grew up and led a normal teenage life, so I never got to do stuff like this. Hence, now that I was finally doing something I shouldn't be doing, I was feeling beyond excited about it.

It wasn't long before Ron informed me that my business associate finally arrived. Thankfully, they didn't seem to know any of the details the others knew about Giovanni Cavelli as yet, or what he looked like or they would have never agreed to this.  I decided to hurry up and get Gio before Ron and Percy got smart and figure things out. After I have Gio here, I won't care if they realize that I lied.  As for Gio, as long as I kept him from seeing any family photos or IDs or anything that could be a big giveaway of such, I believe my secret will be safe for a longer time.

"Hey," I greeted as I went downstairs and saw Gio. "So glad you could make it, follow me."

I headed back up the stairs, and in the direction of my room with Gio following me.

"Nice home." Gio said from behind me.

"Thank you." was all I replied as we continued walking.

"Suddenly I'm starting to feel as if I am dealing with one of my business associates." Gio said to me.

"Funny you should say that. It's a long story." I chuckled as I opened my bedroom door before entering. "I told them downstairs that I was dealing with a business associate."

"Why is that?" Gio asked as he entered.

"Like I told you before, it's a long story." I rushed the words out before shutting the door and practically attacking Gio as I started kissing him.

It has been a while since, and it felt awesome to be able to do this once more.

"Wow, someone seem to really miss me." Gio chuckled as we pull apart from our kiss.

"You have no idea Gio, no idea." I smiled before Gio smashed his lips back on mine.