Chapter 62

We were all having breakfast together and chatting this morning. Me mom, dad and Kathleen. We were having this strange discussion about zoos and circuses and their actions towards the animals. I'm not really sure how the conversation was brought up but I think I may have said something about bored and childhood activities and Kathleen said something about going to the zoo.
Apparently I was the only one who thought that these places were evil places.

"I never supported zoos and circuses ever growing up" I said before taking a sip out of my juice. "I just think its cruel".

"What do you mean by cruel exactly?" Dad asked raising a brow.

"Well for starters they are places that supports and promotes cruelty and sometimes prejudice towards animals" I said to them.

"How? The zoo and the circus are places where families go to see the different animals and stuff they can do" Kathleen tried to explain. "I've been before and I never thought or see any cruelty being displayed towards the animals".

"Just because you don't see them doesn't mean it doesn't happened" I replied taking a bite out of my sandwich. "Firstly... These animals are obviously kidnapped and taken from their natural habitat and wild life only to be put into captivity then to be subjected to all different forms of abuses and used for human entertainment. If that isn't cruelty enough I don't know what is".

"Wow, I never knew we had a animal rights activist on our hands" mom said clearly amused. "But on a serious level if it weren't for these zoos and circuses we wouldn't even know about or see some of the animals that we're aware of now. So the zoo and circus are often times the only way we get to see these things".

"I couldn't careless about actually seeing these animals as long as they would have been safe and left in they're natural habitats" I said to them. "Do you have any idea how some of these animals have to suffer some form of mental and emotional abuse? I mean most of them were kidnapped from their families. Just because they can't speak out doesn't mean they don't have feelings as well".

"Is this really coming from you?" Dad asked. "I never knew you felt this strongly about animals".

"I do. I have to speak out for those who don't have a voice for themselves" I replied.

"I still don't think zoos and circuses are that evil, people actually enjoying going to see these animals. These places helps us to appreciate each animal when we go to see them" Kathleen replied and the others agreed.

"Would any of y'all like to be taken away from your families only to be placed in cages and tanks, not being able to fully enjoy the life you were meant to be. Just so that you could be put on display where others come and view you as entertainment and making fun of you?" I raised a brow at them as I took another sip of my juice.

"Good point" Dad nodded as if seeing where I was coming from.

"I've never thought of it like that before" Mom responded.

"Actually that does sound kinda creepy" Kathleen said wrinkling her brows.

"My thoughts exactly. I know what its like to be kidnapped and taken against my will and trust me its no fun at all. I know how these animals feels at times" I said to them. "I don't care what anyone else thinks but animals don't deserve to be treated cruelly just because humans are so stupid and think animals are inferior to us.. Zoos and circuses are disgusting".

"You do feel strongly against them" Kathleen said in realization.

"I had no idea you feel that way about animals honestly" mom said to me.

"Hmm" I confirmed while chewing my food.

"There's cheese and eggs on your plate" Dad said with a mischievous smirk.