Chapter 7

I groaned in pain as my foot stubbed the edge of my kitchen counter. Best way to start the morning, in pain. For the past day I have been working on a plan to save my only brother, my only family.

Yes, I have cried my heart out as I was so afraid of what I might see when I reach the camp sight. I always thought that yes I could deal with it like I always do but no.

I couldn't.

I sprinted to my room and grabbed my backpack for the long journey I was heading to and filled it with all my necessaties. Food that would last for weeks, extra clothes and mostly with weapons and a lot of ammo.

For the first time in my entire life, I felt afraid. This wasn't like any usual mission I went to, no. This was about my brothers life.

I wrote a note to Aiden because for some reason I'm starting to care about him, and I don't want him to think that I was dead. Even after what he told me yesterday, I don't want him to kill himself because of me.

I placed the last arrow in its holder that was on my shoulder and started to write my note that was sent to my mate Aiden.

Dear Aiden,

I'm telling you this because I care about you. Even though you were a complete asshole and called me a slut for no reason.

I'm going to leave to go to camp choke, my brothers being held there and I have no choice but to help him from being killed because of me. I can't risk losing another family member. My only family.

Goodbye Aiden.

And with that note written, I waxed it and walked back to Aidens house, hoping he wouldn't use my scent to track me. I sprinted through the trees and jumped over the branches of fallen trees to reach his house.

Once I was in front of his doorstep, I was about to place the note onto the door mat, when Aiden opens the front door looking, regretful before my hand even reach the door knob.

"I'm sorry.", he says looking down feeling ashamed of his words.

"You better be. I said I gave you one chance and one chance only and guess what, you. Have to ruin it by calling me a slut.", I stated while throwing my hands up in the air in frustration.

Now, I knew I was making a really big deal out of this, but I really needed an excuse to leave.

"What why? Please I wasn't thinki-", I cut of his rambling by stupidly talking back.

"And I wasn't think either!", I shouted in frustration,"my brother is currently kidnapped and I'm on the verge of bursting! I might be able to handle losing but I have to look for him! I can't bare the thought of him dieing, while I'm here with my mate!", I shouted.

"Your'e leaving?", he breathed, scared of my answer.

I couldn't trust my words so I nodded. He looked up at me with regretful eyes while I grabbed his hand and place the note in it.

"Only read this when you feel like you're alone, okay.", I softly said.

He cupped my face in his large hands and smashed his warm lips onto mine. I had to fight the urge to not kiss him back but of course, I failed. My lips moved in synch with his warm ones and my small hands move towards his hair. I gently tugged onto it and earned my self a groan of approval. His large hands moved down to the small of my waist and pulled me closer to his large figure and it wasn't till now I realised what was happening. I quickly pulled away and stared at him in shock and anger.

"Gosh why do you have to make it so goddamn hard to leave?! I've only been here for a few days and I'm already... Agh!", I shouted in annoyance.

"Maybe you just don't want to leave.", he gritted through clenched teeth, not being able to control his edging wolf.

"Even if I didn't want to leave I have to. It's not like I have a choice.", I whispered, my voice breaking in the end of my sentence.

"Yes you do. Everyone has a choice.", he said frustration clouding his big blue eyes. He flushed me into his broad chest and I hugged him back as an instinct.

Why was it so hard to leave? Stupid mate bond!

I pulled away and looked into his big blue eyes that were now clouded with sadness and regret. It was now my turn to cup his face and look into his captivating eyes.

"I promise that when I come back, the first place I'm going to is you.", I lied.

"Don't make promises you can't keep.", he replied, tightening his grip on my waist,"but I wouldn't mind if you did.", he said and sadly chuckled.

"Goodbye.", I said and was about to leave, until he grabbed my arm and made me face him. He had a horrified look on his face.

"Why are you saying goodbye,", he asked as if goodbye was poison flowing out of his plump lips,"it's not like your dieing Emma, don't say that kind of stuff.", he said in a soft tone.

I nodded and pulled away from his soft, yet tight grip.

"See you after my mission.", I whispered.

"See you to.", he said while flashing me a sad smile.

With one last breathtaking hug, I disappeared into the woods to find my way to camp choke ready to save my only brother and family, and it wasn't until now that I realised the way I ended my note that I wrote to Aiden and only him.

Goodbye Aiden.