Bonus Chapter

Since all of you have been messaging me non-stop on how sad you were (trust me I was sososos disappointed in myself for leaving Trapped Mate) I decided to give y'all a bonus chapter and it's going to be longgggg.

So here, fellow Hunters and Huntresses, is the bonus chapter of Hunter Mate. It takes place a few months after the epilogue and its in Aidens POV

---------
My heart is beating out of my chest as I lay on the grass, a glass of whiskey in one hand and my phone in the other. Music is the only thing that can block out the sound of her heartbeat, and I can't stand hearing it.

I remember the witches words, the one who shut the casket for me, and I hate them. Every syllable she uttered made me want to usher my claws out and slit her throat for her.

Months ago, Davido, Allison and I visited an Elder, and asked her all about the 'sealed casket'. And that night, that night was the night I finally got peace.

------
"My mate, her casket was locked up hours ago, but I heard her heartbeat just minutes ago. It was there, an I felt her." I said, my knee quickly going up and down, emotions too much too handle. Never have I felt like this, and I didn't want to feel like this everyday.

"Who locked the casket?" Asked Kristen Rose, the elder.

"A witch, I don't know her name exactly-" I stopped abruptly as her eyes widened in knowingness.

"A witch?" Her tone was quiet, but high pitched. "What was her name?"

"I think you owe me an answer now-"

"What was her name?" She not asked, but demanded.

"I don't know, I already told you that." Frustration started building in the pit of my stomach, a feeling of unease forming.

"A witch should never be trusted, no matter the person, witches are doomed monsters of the north." Her tone was low, quiet, almost secretive. "Witches all have two sides, just like how a wolf has a human part and an animal part. But witches are much different, they have two different souls inside each of them. You never know which one you're talking to unless you know the human side."

"What-" I was interrupted, yet again.

"They might not mean what they've done, but they still always do it. And I've met hundreds of witches in my lifetime to know that a loyal one, would never perform such a peaceful, powerful spell, for such a vile, wrong reason." Allison decided to change the subject, Davido did not mind.

"You said they were monsters of the north, why is that?"

"Witches are reborn wolves, the moon goddess possesses them with two souls, to punish them for their wrong deeds. It is said that the north, is where they are made." Explained Kristen.

"Is that why we are forbidden to enter the north?" Asked Allison, as Kristen nodded in response.

"Only the most powerful wolves are given permission to enter, and for only important reasons and occasions." Said Kristen as her eyes then moved towards me. "So I don't recommend you to open that casket."

"Why?" I answered almost instantly.

"Nobody knows what comes out of the sealed box. If ever opened, it would cause complete chaos. You are destroying the balance of nature-"