Chapter 10: Sunday Church

~THE NEXT MORNING~

ABI'S POV

BEEP!!! BEEP!!! BEEP!!!

*Damn alarm clock.*

I slap the snooze button and stretch a bit to wake myself up. I look at the time and see that it's 7, which means church will start in about two and a half hours. Well, Sunday School for the most part, but it's just about the same thing.

Anyway, I head into the shower and clean the crud from the previous day off of me and to wake myself up more. Once that was done I put on my robe and head into my closet. I find my purple, sweet, ruffled neckline dress, which is about mid-thigh length with a serged finished hem on collar and at the dress hemline that ties at the bottom of the deep neckline. One of the reasons I like this dress is because it's lightweight and looks whimsical. Next, I slip on my darling, lavender ballet flats are made of durable, satin-like vinyl and have curvy stitched details, pleated accents, and a cute little bow on top of the toe. After that, I head to the bathroom and put on a little more makeup than usual. Usually, the only makeup I add on Sundays is a light pink blush. Next, I brush out my hair and use my air curler to curl my hair into loose waves. After that was done, I head downstairs grabbing my keys, Bible, and my purse for the offering at Sunday school when I hear a knock at the door.

Who could that be on a Sunday?

Probably just the mailman or the guy delivering the newspaper.

So, I go to open the door. But when I do, my predictions are actually wrong for once. Standing there was a crazy cowboy wearing a white dress shirt tucked into his tan slacks along with shiny, black dress shoes and a solid, metallic blue tie around his neck. I see he didn't do it right, so I fix it for him. Hm, he looks pretty good.

"Y-you mind if I take you to church?" he stutters.

"No, I don't mind at all. Thanks for the offer, Trav," I reply, hanging my keys on the hook next to the door. He holds his hand out to me, which I gladly accept, leading me out to his Chevy. After opening the passenger door for me, I slip in and let him shut the door. After he hops in, he starts the truck an we're off to church.

~AT CHURCH~

ABI'S POV

"Good morning, Miss Abigail."

"Mornin', Mrs. Dubuose. How's Emmerson been doing?"

"Oh, he's as alive as ever. He's mainly glad to finally be out of the hospital, the poor boy."

"That's good to hear. I don't blame him, though, I would've felt the same way."

"Well, anyway, it's good to see you hear today, Travis."

"I didn't know you went to the same church as Abi, Mrs. Dubouse."

"And who's fault would that be, Travis?"

"Wait a minute, what's that supposed to mean?"

"It's okay, Mrs. Dubouse. We made up a couple nights ago."

"Is that so? It's about time, Abigail."

"This is confusing me so much."

"Travis, the whole church knows."

"How?"

"I think Chris and Hunter told the pastor back when they were in high school, and almost everyone in the church has been having prayer requests for our relationship to be mended ever since."

"And it seems that after four long years, our prayers have been answered."

"I see..."

"Well, we're going to see if we can find Pastor Kyle. Have a good day, Mrs. Dubouse."