Chapter 15: Escape Plan

TRAVIS'S POV

He's back already!?! He can't be back now! Not like this!

"What's wrong, kid?" Charlie asked. I guess I zoned out and Charlie snapped me out.

"See for yourself," I growled, shoving the phone in his face and showing them the text and the looks on their faces said it all.

"Text him back and see where they are," Lea said.

"Alright," I replied.

Wher is he? R u guys distracting him? -Travis

He's n the stabls showin us the brn cat wrkng in the hay loft. We're all blockin the windo, so ur good 2 go. -Erik

Thnx -Travis

"Alright, they're in the barn," I told them, "Chris and Hunter, mind getting her essentials? Clothes, toiletries, stuff like that?"

"Sure," they replied. They once again disappeared upstairs to get Abi's things.

"Lea, can you bring my truck around back?"

"No prob, little brother." I threw her my keys and out the door she went.

"Wen, Charlie, start putting the locks back on the door so Mr. White doesn't suspect anything."

"On it." They then disappeared into the kitchen.

"Tucker, I'll get Abi off the couch, you clean this stuff up."

"Got it." I picked up a now unconscious Abi so Tucker could get the sheets off the couch.

"Your truck's out back, so what now?"

"We'll wait for Chris and Hunter to get down here with Abi's stuff. Once they're down here, I want you to drive with me in the back seat with Abi and take us to mom and dad's."

"Okay, and they're right there." She pointed upstairs at Abi's two brothers who were coming down with Abi's stuff.

"The door's locked and the chest is back in front of the door," Wen panted.

"He's coming back in," Stella shouted from the window.

"Then give us a little more time. Tucker, Stella, say hi to your uncle."

"I don't wanna face that man, but okay."

"D-did he really do this to her," Stella asked. Tucker just shushed her and nodded, with Stella nodding back. Her and Tucker went outside to meet Mr. White. But never before have I seen a little girl this upset until now.

"We've gotta get out, now!" I shouted. We then ran out back and hopped into my truck. Chris and Hunter had thrown Abi's stuff in the back already and went back inside pretending to be helping around the house. Lea was driving and I was in the back seat with Abi's head resting on my lap.

"Step on it, Lea!" I said. With that, we were driving down the road to get off the property as the guys were walking in with Mr. White.

So, they got Abi out. Yay! So do you guys think Mr. White will find out, or will he never know? Or could something completely different happen, or even go wrong? Stay tuned for Chapter 16 to find out! PS: sorry this is so short... again. But, hey, updates are a bit more frequent than they used to be, so it's a win-lose situation, right? Anyway, comment, vote, follow, etc! And God bless! :)