Chapter 23: Better Man

TRAVIS'S POV (Still...)

We finally arrive at CPD (Checotah Police Department). When we walk through the doors, we see Andy Blizzard, chief of police, sitting at the front desk.

"Hey, Travis," he said, "What can I do for you?"

"Hey, Andy, I was wondering if I could see Mr. White."

"You here to bail him out?"

"No, I'm here to give him a piece of my mind."

"I don't blame you. I heard about what happened to Abi. The whole police department is praying for her. How is she?"

"She's in a coma," Erik said for me. I don't even think I'd be able to say it.

"I can't believe a man would do that kind of thing to his own daughter. Why don't I come in there so you don't beat anyone up? We don't need our star quarter back out of the game."

"Thanks, sir." We then walk in there, and it just so happens that he was in the first cell we came across.

"What do you want, Benson," he replied.

"I'm here to see if you even care about your daughter right now."

"Not exactly. She's the one that killed-"

"Don't you even bring that upon her! It was not her f***ing fault! If you even knew the story, then you would understand! You know, all Abi ever wanted was for someone to be there for her. And she was counting on you. And what does she get!?! A bastard that just beats the shit out of her for either the littlest things or something she didn't even do! Did you even know that what you did put her in a damn coma!?! She could die because of your selfishness! Sure, you lost a wife, and I'm sorry for that, but Abi lost a mother that day, too! She wanted so badly to save her, you know! But she couldn't! And she regrets it! And it doesn't help when you shove it back into her face every damn day verbally, physically, and mentally! You won't even believe the stuff she's done to herself because she now thinks it's her fault! I hope you love prison, because it'll give you some time to think about what you did!"

"Whatever." That's all he said. He didn't even care about her.

"Why I oughta..." I then lunged at the door of the cell, but was pulled back by Erik, Andy, Scott, and Charlie had to hold me back.

"Don't do this, Travis," Scott said, "You're a better man than he is." With that, we went back to the hospital.

When we get back to the hospital, all I see is a waiting room full of sobs. I didn't know what was going on. What happened? Was Abi okay?

"Mama, what's going on? Is Abi okay?"

"Travis... Abi's... She's..."

"Well, what happened!?!"

AND CUTT!!! XP Sorry guys. 1) for the bad cliffhanger, and 2) the short amount of stuff to read. But, 1) I gave a bunch for you guys to read yesterday, and 2) I might be able to do two chapters in one day. So, hope you liked this chapter! Stay tuned for the next one! And God Bless! :)