Chapter 8:

I looked up in the mirror, finding a girl I didn't recognize. Puffy red eyes, huge black bags under the eyes, tears still streaming down, silent, pale skin, no makeup, and messy hair all tied up in a messier bun, ridiculously skinny.

"Anns?" Maddison walked into the room. She wasn't any better either. Her eyes were swollen too; she had black bags under her eyes too. "Darling, we have to look more presentable, it's for your mom." She whispered.

I nodded.

In the past 2 days, I had barely even spoken. Wait, barely wasn't the right word since I hadn't spoken, eaten, laughed, or moved at all. I just stared up at the ceiling.

Madds moved towards me, and picked up a compact from my dresser. She applied some on herself first evening the skin tone perfectly so her bags were covered. Then she applied some liner and mascara and chapped her lips-light, but enough. She was already dressed in a plain black dress that fell till her knees. It was sleeveless and had a white belt on her waistline.

"Turn around, let's fix you up." She ordered.

I turned.

She did the same for me, my bags were invisible now, she applied a little blush to my cheeks since I looked pale and chalk white. She straightened my hair, and combed it perfectly and let it loose. She wiped the tears from my eyes and moved on to apply liner and mascara for me too. Instead of chapping my lips, she put gloss since my lips were dry and lost their original pink shade.

Who knew so much could change in just a few days?

I waited for her to get my dress and then slipped into it. I turned back to face my mirror. Okay, surely I looked better. The bags were gone; I had rosy cheeks instead of chalk white skin. My hair looked set and in place. I wore a black dress, it was full sleeved, but the sleeves were all lacy. The dress stopped just above my knees and there was nothing else to it. I refused to accessorize myself.

"Okay. Ready?" Maddison asked, nervously.

I bobbed my head a 'yes'

She took my hand, and showed me out of my own room. As we descended the stairs, I saw Jeremy waiting for me. Finally! I let out a sigh. He was out of town with his dad, and he wasn't here when my mom...

I rushed down the stairs when my eyes locked with his, as if sensing my movement he opened his arms and I hopped into them. He hugged me tightly, without saying another word. People kept saying sorry and how I should be strong and a bunch of other stuff like how I made my mom proud. Gladly Jer wasn't one of them.

"Hey, don't cry okay. We don't need to ruin the mascara and look like a demon. I'm the physco stalking killer, you can't take my place. Or I'll throw a coconut on your head, and make sure you're out of the way, okay?"

I smiled.

A real one, after two whole days of mourning, finally, I let out a smile.

I snuggled closer to him, taking comfort in his arms.

Then I pulled apart to face him, and mouthed a thank you. He gave me a warm smile in return as if understanding.

Then I saw Ashton enter the house. He had stayed beside me the whole two days, and he'd left early today for making some arrangements for the funeral. It was as hard for him as it was for me. She was his mom too.

He looked pathetic.

He had swollen up eyes, just like mine, and dark circles due to lack of sleep. I would wake up middle of the night crying and he just couldn't sleep. He lay beside me, none of us speaking a word, just being there for each other how much ever we could. Even though we kept breaking down, I was his rock and he was mine.