EXTRA 1 - FACT PAGE

AN So this is going to be a list of things that were gonna happen but didn't. I just had a few drafts lying around with only three or four paragraphs in them. This is a compilation of everything that didn't make the final cut!
-

Karlie
• Karlie was originally going to have been a childhood friend of Taylor's who got turned into a vampire.
• She originally had both a mother and a father. But I wanted the queen to be in more power than the king so a husband would have prevented that. That's monarchy 101 for ya.
• The "blessed bronze" is a twist on the well known myth that silver kills or weakens a vampire.
• Karlie was originally going to be allergic to cookies (gluten). Taylor would have come up with a special recipe for her.
• Karlie had a pet hawk that would follow her around like a sidekick.

Taylor
• Taylor was originally going to sneak into the Royal Academy of Vampire Hunters and capture Karlie in the woods by herself.
• Jennifer Lawrence was going to be her teacher. I wonder if any of you spotted the change from Miss Lawrence to Laurent...
• Taylor was going to be half werewolf. There was going to be a backstory of how she was scratched as a baby. It was later going to be revealed that one of the Haim sisters were responsible.

Cara and Georgia May
• Cara's eyes were originally going to glow blue. But I wanted people to be wary of her at first so they were changed to red. I wanted readers to experience a similar unease to Taylor the first time she made an appearance.
• Georgia was going to be Annie Clark (St Vincent) or Kendall Jenner, but I have an undying love for GMJ so that never happened.
• Cara was in line to be the evil queen but the ages made no sense and I didn't want to make her older for the sake of the plot.
• Georgia was going to be a fairy and have a forbidden love with Cara.

Hayley
• Hayley was going to be electric blue and yellow instead of rusty red and blue when in werewolf form. I wanted to match her hair but I felt - in some odd way - that red and blue looked more natural.
• Her last words were going to be "I'm a hero" but I knew she was too selfless and that was later changed to "Thank you, that's all I wanted." I'M NOT CRYING, YOU ARE.
• Hayley's original identification was going to be gender fluid and not asexual. But since I didn't know enough about the identity I rewrote it to avoid offending anyone.

Jennifer
• Jennifer the mermaid was going to be a sea witch.
• Charlotte's Bay is named after one of my favourite games, The Sailor's Dream.
• Mermaid kisses were original going to be mermaid hugs.
• Jennifer was going to be able to transform into a human. Since she was a minor character I felt there was no need.

The Haim Sisters
• I've really grown to love the Haims and their music. I was really excited to write them into this story. I was very inspired by Wolves Of Swift River on AO3. Check it out!
• They were originally going to be "dragon people". They'd live in the mountains and have wings on their backs. I felt this was too similar to a vampires appearance and scrapped it.
• There was going to be a chapter on Este and Karlie's little...mishap. Maybe I'll write it?
• Danielle was going to be the one that died and save Hayley in the process. Taylor and Karlie would then have named their child Danny.
• The pup that the nanny fox brings to them in chapter fourteen (The Goodbye) is Hayley. The sisters strongly imprint on her which is why she is so fond of them.
• Danielle was going to have a male werewolf love interest.

Others
• Harry the wizard (who is actually Harry Styles) is in fact a reference to Harry Potter.
• Desmond's name was going to be Harold, which was a poke at the Haylor ship. Does "never ever ever" mean anything to anyone??
• Ella was going to be the fairy (since that's what her name means) and Ellie was going to be the dragon keeper.
• There was going to be a number of Twilight references which would break the fourth wall such as "This was way better than the book" said by Karlie when Taylor first kissed her hand. I felt this was completely OTT after a while and thank Lucifer for that.
• Speaking of Lucifer, that's what "Thank Luc" is short for. Luc is pronounced loose.
• Ed was originally going to be all for vampire hunting but he's just too sweet so I made him yearn for globe making.
• Ed was going to end up as a globe maker and quit his job after finding out about Taylor, which he never did directly from her.
• Karlie's faithful dog Joe was going to be her hellhound/demon familiar. Unimaginable, I know.
• The strap on scene was written two days before my month was due 😊
• The infamous Ceremony chapter was going to be two chapters long.

AN Anything I missed that you want to know about? Let me know! I'm sick so I'm getting things done. The chapter after this is going to be the answer to how Taylor and Karlie were able to have a baby. See you then...