10

I yawned and stretched before sitting up. Ridge was still asleep in my floor, a peaceful and calm expression on his face. His brown hair fanned over his forehead, and I wanted so badly to push it away.

"Stop staring, sunshine. You're creeping me out," Ridge said without opening his eyes. He had a smirk on his face, though.

I glared. "I wasn't staring," I lied.

Ridge opened one eye. "Yes, you were," he said.

I stood up and playfully kicked his leg out of the way of my dresser. I grabbed some clean clothes. "I'm going to take a shower, so I don't want to catch you in the bathroom," I said.

He laughed, "No promises."

I glared at him then left my room. I went into the bathroom, and I stripped out of my clothes then got into the shower.

I turned the water on, pointing the head away from me, and adjusted it to the right temperature. I pointed the head back then began to wet my hair. The warm water relaxed my muscles, waking me up.

About halfway through washing my hair, the bathroom door opened. I poked my head out, and Ridge smiled. "Better poke your head back in there because I have to pee," he said.

I glared. "There's a bathroom downstairs," I said, poking my head back in.

"This one is closer," he said.

"I find it funny how you can go from a sentimental guy to a jerk in a snap of a finger," I said, rinsing my hair.

Ridge chuckled, "That's my charm, baby."

He seriously did not just call me baby, did he?

"Did you just call me baby?" I asked, pausing.

"Yep," he said, and he flushed the toilet. He. Flushed. The. Toliet.

"Ridge!" I screamed as the water scalded my back. He laughed, and the bathroom door shut.

Once the water sent back to normal, I finished and got out. I slipped into my clothes, throwing my dirty ones in the hamper, and I made my way to my bedroom, where Ridge sat on my bed with a smile.

I glared. "You're a jerk," I said, walking up to dresser.

"You know you love me," he said, and his arms wrapped around my waist. He pulled me onto the bed and straddled me. Then, he began tickling me.

"Ridge....stop...." I said between laughs. "You're going to make me pee!"

Ridge smiled, and he stopped. His face was so close to mine, and boy, was he beautiful.  His brown hair fell onto his forehead again, and his blue-green eyes studied my face in admiration. He clearly had a mint or brushed his teeth because he didn't have morning breath.

"You're beautiful, Braelyn. I hope you know that," he said then leaned in a little further.

"I..uh..." I was speechless. I couldn't even take a compliment.
Ridge smiled and leaned in all the way, and just as his lips met mine.... the friggen door opened.

We broke apart, and I looked toward the doorway. Kyle stood there, a surprised expression on his face. "Well, what's going on here?" he asked, smiling.

Ridge crawled off of me, his face blood red.

"Oh, no. Don't let me interrupt. Just remember to use protection, kids. No babies allowed yet," Kyle said, winking. He backed out of my doorway and shut my door.

I groaned, "That was so embarrassing." I covered my face with my hands.

"I should probably go," Ridge said, standing up. I sat up, uncovering my face.

"Yeah," I said, disappointed. I ran a hand through my wet hair.

He smiled. "So, I'll catch you later? Are we still on for Friday?" he asked.

I nodded and forced a smile. "Of course," I replied.

He smiled shyly and left me. I laid back down, letting out a frustrated breath. I was confused, upset, and all in all embarrassed.

There was one thing I was sure of, though.

I had a crush on Ridge McCain.