11

"Hello, my beautiful, best friend!" Emilee exclaimed, wrapping her arms around me as I put in my combination to my locker.

I gave her a weird look. "Erm, hi," I replied.

"So, I have great news," she said.

I nodded. "Go on," I said, crossing my arms.

She smiled. "You and I are going to a party. Stone Williams' party," she said.

I raised an eyebrow. "It's only Tuesday. Don't parties happen on Fridays?" I asked.

"Not all of them. Well, I hear Ridge is going to be there. Maybe you guys could...catch up from yesterday morning," she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes. "We kissed for like a second. It's not that big of a deal," I said. I hadn't even seen Ridge since Monday morning when he left.

Emilee rolled her eyes. "The point is that you guys kissed," she said.

"Who kissed who?" an annoying voice asked. Wren walked up to us; Carly following close by.

Emilee glared. "How about you mind your own business?" she snapped.

Wren smirked. "Cute, Emilia. It's great to know you can act tough," she said.

Emilee clenched her fists. She hated her name. "Would you like to see acting?" she asked, taking a step forward.

I grabbed Emilee's waist, pulling her back. "Chill. She's not worth it," I said.

Wren's smirk turned into a smile. "You better listen to her, Emilee," she said.

"Wren, how about yo-"

"Well, what's going on here?" a familiar voice said. I smiled as Ridge came up beside me.

Wren's smile dropped. "Nothing, Ridge," she said.

"Then, I suggest you leave Braelyn and Emilee alone," Ridge said. Wren clenched her fists and walked off. Carly scurrying after her. She didn't talk much.

"Give me five minutes in the bathroom with her," Emilee said, looking at me.

I shook my head. "She's not worth it, Em," I said, grabbing my books from my locker.

"Should I ask about what just happened?" Ridge asked, leaning against the lockers.

I looked at him. "She overheard Emilee and I talking and decided to butt in," I told him casually.

He nodded. "I see. Say, can we talk?" he asked.

"The bell is about to ring," I said.

"Then, at lunch?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yeah," I replied.

Ridge smiled. "Okay," he said, walking off.

Emilee shook her head. "He's a smooth criminal," she said.

I groaned, "You're checking out his butt, aren't you?"

"I'm telling you. I don't see why you aren't taking him off the market. He's into you, and he's got a nice butt," Emilee said.

I laughed, "C'mon. Let's get to class."
××××××
I made my way down the hallway on my way to lunch when an arm snaked around my waist and a hand covered my mouth. I was pulled into an empty classroom.

"Guess who, sunshine?" my kidnapper said.

I rolled my eyes, and muffled a reply. He took his hand off my mouth and turned me around. I slapped his chest. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

Ridge pouted. Curse him and.his cute pout! "I'm sorry," he said.

I crossed my arms. "And?" I prompted.

He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. My heart began racing... wait what? "And it'll never happen again," he said with a grin.

I sighed and uncrossed my arms. "Okay, so what did you want to talk about?" I asked, trying to ignore how close we were and his arms around my waist.

"About Sunday," Ridge said.

Oh boy. He's going to talk about the kiss. I shrugged. "What about it?" I asked innocently.

"Don't play dumb, Braelyn," Ridge laughed. "I'm talking about the two second kiss."

"What about it?" I asked.

Ridge smiled. "I just have one question," he said.

I nodded. "Yes?"

"Did you want that kiss?" he asked, looking at my lips.

I bit my lip, trying to keep from blushing. "Did you?" I asked.

"Don't answer a question with a question, sunshine," he laughed.

"You answer mine first," I said. I didn't want to tell him yes, and then, he tell me he didn't want it. That'd just be pathetic.

Ridge smirked. "I asked you first," he said.

"First is the worse. Second is the best, so answer my question," I smiled.

"Okay, fair enough. Yeah, I've been wanting to do that since the day after you slapped me," he admitted.

I laughed, "At least that time I didn't slap you."

"Now, you," he said.

"Yeah, I did," I replied.

Ridge bit his lip. Don't do that! I wanted to scream. It made him ten times hotter. "I thought you weren't ready for a relationship."

"You may have changed my min-" My sentence was cut short by his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. His lips were really soft, and I had to admit he was a really good kisser. He pulled me as close as he could, and I tangled my fingers in his hair.

When I couldn't breathe, I pulled away, breathing hard. "I need a breather," I laughed.

He smiled. "Me, too, but I didn't want to stop."

I laughed again, "Me either."

He planted a peck on my lips. "We better get to lunch before we get caught," he said.

I nodded. "Good idea," I said, and he once again kissed me.

Ridge smiled. "I don't think I'm ever going to get enough of that."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, sure," I said.

He wrapped his arms once again around my waist and kissed me. "Okay, let's go before I decide to stay here all day," he said.

I laughed.