twenty

Camila sat on the couch in her living room the next day, smiling to herself as she texted Lauren. Yesterday was one of the best days Camila had had in awhile -- her and Lauren had spent a majority of the day on the beach, simply talking and having fun. Lauren convinced her to jump into the water for a bit, and she even let Camila climb onto her back when they went out deeper than Camila was used to. When they finished at the beach, they went inside to hang out for a bit before Camila's family came home. Her parents convinced Lauren to stay for dinner, and they seemed to really like her.

Now Camila was waiting for the girls to arrive. Lauren was still at her hotel, waiting for Camila's text signaling her to come over. Right on cue, the doorbell rang.

Camila hopped up off the couch, skipping down the hall excitedly (and making sure she didn't trip on the familiar bump in the front doormat). She texted Lauren and opened the door, feeling the smile fade from her face when she was met with three glares.

Dinah shoved her way inside, "You've got some explaining to do, Chanch."

"What..?" She was cut off by the three of them marching into her house, heading for the living room. Camila was confused as she followed closely behind, sitting down on a singular armchair while they took all the spots on the couch.

"I know you were with some girl yesterday." Ally said bluntly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, we thought you liked Lauren. You sure move on fast." Mani added.

Dinah mumbled, "The wedding was scheduled for early June, now I have to call and cancel..."

Camila couldn't help herself -- she burst into laughter. She was laughing so hard that she actually fell out of her chair onto her knees, clutching at her stomach as she tried to calm herself down. When Lauren heard about this, she was going to lose her shit.

"Y-You th-thought-" Camila wiped the tears away on her sleeve. "Oh my god, this is too good."

"What?" Dinah raised an eyebrow, unamused. "Why is this funny?"

"Was it your cousin or something?" Ally tried, "Did we just accuse you of incest?"

That only made Camila laugh harder -- so hard that she almost didn't hear the doorbell ring. "I-I'll be right back. You guys are gonna shit your pants when you find out who I was with, oh my god." Camila was still laughing as she made her way down the hallway, opening the door for Lauren and letting her in. Lauren gave her a what's so funny look before following her down the hallway anyway.

When they reached the living room, Dinah looked ready to fight, but her face instantly fell into an expression of shock when she saw who was standing in the threshold. The other two looked just as surprised.

"Wait..." Dinah said slowly. "You were with.. Lauren?"

"Ohh.." Normani sighed out, her face filled with realization.

Ally's response was a little different. "So you're telling me, Lauren didn't tell us she was gonna be here so she could spend alone time with you?"

Lauren held her hands up, mimicking jazz hands. "Surprise?"

All three jumped off the couch at once, surprising the two girls with a giant, bone-crushing group hug. There was a chorus of squeals as they all started speaking at once, making Camila flinch at how loud they were and cover her ears with an amused smile on her face. It took awhile for them to calm down, but when they finally had, Camila shouldn't have been surprised by what Dinah said next.

"Does this mean I can reschedule the wedding?"