one hundred thirty

"This is cool, I feel like a spy." Camila whispers into her phone to Dinah on the other line, peaking her head around a corner just to whip right back into hiding as someone walks past her to the elevator.

"You're literally just bringing Lauren her lunch." She could practically hear Dinah's eye roll through the phone.

"So? I can still have fun with it." Camila scurries across the hall when the coast is clear, ducking behind a particularly large potted plant with the paper bag in hand.

"Maybe you're having too much fun, Mila." Dinah grumbles, clearly not wanting to be having this conversation when she could've stayed in bed until one in the afternoon like she usually does. "Remind me why you called me and not Mani? Or Ally? Or really why you called me at all? Isn't this a task you could've completed without bringing me into it?"

"I wanted someone to talk to and you were in my recent calls, so." She shrugs even though Dinah can't see her, squatting lower to hide behind the pot as a man carrying a canvas walks by.

"Listen, Ms. Bond... You need help with romantic troubles? I'm your girl. Lookin' for a distraction to get your house empty so you and Lauren can have some alone time? I'll give the Cabello's my baseball tickets. Need someone to bail you out of jail? I've got your back." Dinah sighs dramatically. "But I don't take calls before noon just to listen to you narrate you taking Lauren her lunch."

"Well damn, what crawled up your ass?" Camila nearly trips as she jumps up from behind the plant, her back landing against a thick pole supporting the ceiling. She glances on either side of it, making sure the area is void of people before hiding behind another plant closer to the entrance.

"Mani did last night, and now I'm tired as fuck. I'll text you later though, say hi to Laur for me." Camila doesn't get to respond before Dinah hangs up, Camila pouting down at her phone before shoving it into her back pocket. She peaks around the leaves, watching a group of people exit the elevator and head for the entrance she'd come in from.

Camila had discovered the lunch on the counter when she was plating the breakfast Lauren had made and left out for her. And while the breakfast looked really good and well cooked, all she'd seen in the bag Lauren had pulled together for herself was a package of peanut butter crackers, a stick of string cheese, and a juice box. Camila immediately chucked it away and made her a real lunch, which included a specialty camwich, some leftover mac and cheese she'd put into a thermos, and a few other snacks in case Lauren got hungry. She even picked Lauren a flower from the bushes in her front yard just to be extra cute, and now she found herself hiding behind a potted plant.

Wow, Camila, she thinks to herself, you really are a dork

"Ma'am?"

Shit.

---

"Shit..." Lauren mumbles as she looks through the fridge, her usual paper bag with the big L she always scribbled on in purple marker missing from the collection of lunches and drinks. As if to remind her of her forgetfulness, her stomach growls and she groans, closing the fridge door just as her new friend Halsey walks in to grab a fork from the cabinet.

"What's up?" She asks upon seeing Lauren's annoyed expression.

"I forgot my lunch. I got distracted making breakfast for my girlfriend and saw I was gonna be late, so I rushed out and left it behind." Lauren explains, following Halsey out of the break room to their work station where she'd most likely steal a few chips from her friend.

"No worries, I'm sure you can—"

"No! I swear I was just trying to get this to my girlfriend, please don't kick me out—"

Lauren easily recognizes her voice, turning a corner with Halsey close behind. The scene she walks in on was certainly not what she was expecting; Camila struggling against the head of security's grip, though he effortlessly drags her along to the exit while simultaneously trying to calm her down. "Camz?" They both turn to look at her when she speaks, freezing in place.

"Lolo!" Camila's struggling gets worse when she sees Lauren.

"It's okay, Big Rob. This is my girlfriend, Camila? I told you about her before." Lauren chuckles at the look of realization that crosses his features as he releases her, although a little too soon causing her clumsiness to come out in the form of a stumble. Lauren is quick to action, catching her girlfriend and helping her keep her balance.

"I'm so sorry, why didn't you just tell me your name? This whole mess could've been avoided." He bellows out a laugh. "Sorry about that again. Have a good day, all of you!"

Lauren smirks at Camila once Big Rob is gone. "How the hell did you manage to get caught up with security?"

Her cheeks turn a bright shade of pink as she turns her attention to the floor, "I was playing spy in the hallway and he thought I looked suspicious hiding behind one of the fake plants..."

Lauren laughs fondly before placing a hand under Camila's chin, lifting her face and planting a soft kiss in greeting onto her lips. "So, what did you have to bring me, princess?"

Camila blushes at the casual use of the term of endearment while Lauren's friend stands not too far behind, watching the encounter with a smirk. "You forgot your lunch at home so I thought I'd bring it to you.. along with this." She holds up the bag and the rose she'd hand picked as offering.

"Aw, thank you babygirl—" Lauren cuts off when she feels the extra weight in the bag. "This feels significantly.. heavier than I remember."

"Your other lunch was poorly packed so I made you a new one 'cause I thought you might get hungry towards the end of work..." Camila explains quietly as Lauren glances inside the bag, tucking the flower behind her ear momentarily.

"As much as I'm loving this entire interaction, I figured I should probably introduce myself before I'm known as Lauren's creepy friend." Halsey steps forward, breaking the two girlfriends out of their trance. "I'm Halsey, I've heard so much about you."

"And I've heard a lot about you." Camila smiles warmly at the blue-haired woman. "I'm Camila." She turns back to Lauren, giving her another peck on the lips before stepping back towards the exit with a wave to both of them. "I'll see you at home later, babe."

"You know it." Lauren winks, blowing Camila one last kiss before watching her walk off, eyes lingering lower than they should have if they weren't together.

"So," Halsey starts as they make their trek back to their work station, "It's been a really interesting afternoon so far..."

***