one hundred seventy four

"What the hell do you want, D?"

"Well, damn, girl. That is no way to talk to one of your best friends."

"Fine, I'm sorry. What's up?"

"I have a... predicament."

"...What predicament?"

"So you know how Mani always gets her panties in a twist 'cause I 'never do anything special' for her?"

"Yeah..."

"I'm trying to pick a place for us to go together, but I'm drawing a very big blank on places to take her."

"Well, when you two have talked, what kinds of things has she shown interest in? Maybe you should start there."

"Ooh, we could go to Paris. Oh, actually, I do remember her talking about London once... I don't know! Can you talk to her? Like, don't make it obvious what you're trying to find out, just... sometime in the next few days so I can start looking for—"

"Silence, Dinah. I will handle it."

"Yes! You're a lifesaver, Lauren. I can't ask her, 'cause she'll figure out what I'm trying to do and I really want this to be a surprise."

"How do you even have the money for this?"

"Okay, so one, there's the Youtube channel. Two, I may or may not have set up pre-orders for autographed copies of some of the photos from a few photoshoots. But don't get mad, I was gonna tell ya'll once the prints get here in the mail, 'cause by then it'd be too late—"

"Dinah! Calm down, I really don't care. How much did we make?"

"Quite a lot. People are going crazy for this shit. Don't worry though, I'm splitting the funds evenly between you, me, and Camila since they're pictures of ya'll that I took."

"You're crazy, but I love it."

"I love it too. Anyway, talk to Mani! Thanks for being such an amazing friend! I love you till the end of time—"

"You already got me on board, you can stop being flattering."

"Love you!"

"Yeah, yeah. Love you too."

***