Chapter 51 - Xander

Fourteen days before....

Like Eris, she whispered, "I'm sorry."

But instead of the army putting me down and taking me away following her words, she leaned up and kissed me.

I knew that I should have pulled away, and that I should have set boundary lines. I should have taken her into the house and put her to bed and put this to rest. If she resisted, break her heart into one million pieces so that she never thought about me again.

But I was a selfish creature by nature, and with that, I let her kiss me.

My other arm not holding her reaches up and cups her soft face in my hand. Everything about her is soft, and all I can think about is how good she feels and tastes.

Something inside me boils, and I know that all of this is repressed feelings that I shouldn't take out on Terra, but the selfishness inside the monster rages and I have to.

I pull Terra onto my lap and continue to kiss her. Her blanket fell and all she was wearing in the cold was leggings and a sweater. Gods, I hated myself but I needed to. was going crazy. I let my hands travel down her back, around her waist, and down her legs. She really did have a great body: slim but curvy. She had everything a man wants, and everything that I needed.

For a moment, Terra broke to breathe. I could feel hear heat against me and I held her neck to my mouth, tasting the deliciousness of her throat. Holy gods above, her flesh was so beautiful. So sweet and mouthwatering. For a moment, I lost myself in the taste of the untouched flesh.

Terra's body started to panic, and I sensed it immediately and pulled away. She pushed my chest and I looked up to face her. Though, she was looking up in horror at something behind me.

I rolled my eyes and picked up her blanket. "Maybe this would be better without the watchful eye of the army," I joked quietly as I saw all of the military personnel in the front lawn with drawn guns pointed right at me.

Terra shifted off of me and took her blanket. "Thank you," she mumbled, then scrambled to her feet.

We made our way inside, and I followed her right up to her bedroom.

As soon as we got there, she closed the door behind me and let the blanket fall to the ground. Glowering up at me with big sapphire eyes and pink cheeks, she walked closer.

I wanted her so badly.

She took me to the bed and promptly sat atop me, kissing me.

I didn't want to stop her, and it went on for a few moments until I could feel my hands snaking up her body again.

No.

It had to stop now.

I held her by the waist and put her down next to me.

Terra gasped, unaware that I could pick her up. To keep her from protesting further, because I knew she would, I rubbed her back and her head while humming like I did the other night, and she fell asleep faster than she can open her mouth.

My body, full of panic, started to simmer down. She was calm and falling asleep, and the situation controlled itself.

I had no idea what to think of what just happened. I knew what it was, and I knew that I liked it, but I also knew that I had been away from careful touch for half of a year. I had gotten so used to pain and cruelty that I started to take advantage of the only kindness that was shown to me.

It was raining the next morning.

And I knew that it would only freeze as soon as the skies would close, so something within me smiled. The cold was here, and the cold only made me grow stronger. The cold starves people, kills people. The cold separates man from humanity, and if they meet, and if the situation is isolating enough to to the man, there would only be a matter of time before hunger takes over and makes him complete the most inhuman of deeds.