Chapter 3-Before

Genuine smiles and a few laughs escaped my lips during breakfast. Both me and Justin were seated next to each other while Tyler and Matt sat across from us.

The two boys were arguing about-well, I lost track of that-and I couldn't help but feel amused at the scene unfolding itself before my eyes. Blood imidiatelly rushed up to my cheeks on turning to face Justin only to find him already gazing at me with a smile, I could only describe as a dazed one.

"What?" I whispered, feeling small under his heated gaze.

"Your laughter is simply music to my ears"

Placing a hand on one of my heated cheeks, I can't help but lean into his touch. Ignoring the gagging noises our two idiot friends were making from across us. It was moments like these that tied me down, preventing thoughts of ever leaving to evade my head.

Breakfast consisted of laughter as we ate and chatted away the morning. Me grimacing at the 'wild' stories Matt had to tell about his 'love life'. And then rolling my eyes as the other two boys would encourage him, slapping him on the shoulder or rewarding him with a high five.

I honestly felt sorry for whoever it was that would end up with Matt. He was after all the name you'd find next to 'fuckboy' if you ever searched the word in the dictionary.

I liked the fact that Tyler wasn't like most guys his age though. I didn't think so just because he was one of my best friends. But it was also his kindness and respect towards the females in general that I respected about him. He was just too focused on his studies and future to join Matt on his wild tendencies.

He'd have a date every once in a while and bring them to double date with me and Justin, but nothing really seemed that serious. They were all just casual and he'd make sure they knew that. He wasn't the type to belittle someone's feelings or toy around with them. His intentions were always out there, being worn on his sleeves.

Justin was leaning more into Matt's tendencies before we started going out. But I always had a suspicion deep down that he wasn't over all his tendencies. After all, old habits die hard. Or maybe just never die at all.

It was about three o'clock when we all parted ways. I didn't really focus on where Matt said he was heading to, secretly wanting to keep my breakfast in my stomach. I didn't necessarily feel the need to know about his next victim. Tyler, on the other hand, was heading to the library to finish a research he had while both me and Justin just decided to head back home.

I was back in my sweats and a sweater that belonged to Justin. Socks covered my feet as I studied or at least tried to. Being a psychology major wasn't an easy thing and at times I'd break down and just contemplate giving up altogether.

I'm typing furiously on my laptop with books, notebooks and papers scattered all around my desk when Justin walks back in our bedroom. The delicious smell of coffee imidiatelly fills up my nostrils.

"I made you a snack, you look like you might need it"

I accepted the plate he handed me along with my mug, licking my lips hungrily at the sight of the sandwich and chips placed on the plate. I place a chip in my mouth and imidiatelly start chewing it before moving to take a big greedy bite out of my sandwich.

Don't judge me, it's been hours since breakfast and studying does really digest the food in your stomach fast. I feel his gaze on me as I'm satisfying my hunger, but just choose to ignore and savour my food instead.

"You're welcome, babe. But slow down there, you might choke" he teased and I could bet all my money that he was sporting a smirk at that moment.

"Thanks"