Chapter 10-After

Playlist: Come to this-Natalie Taylor

Justin's P.O.V

It was a friendship of long years, I even considered him a brother more than just a friend, but it was still broken so easily. How did things come to this?

After years of being broken and not knowing what to exactly do with my life, I saw her again. But it wasn't because I planned to, I never planned to ever see her nor him ever again. Seeing them would just remind me of all the pain and everything I once had and could no longer even wish for.

If I could go back in time and take back everything I did, eveytime I pushed them both further away from me and closer together, I wouldn't hesitate in making everything right. Like they were supposed to be.

I promised to keep my distance, to move on and let her have the happy life she always deserved and never found with me. But I just couldn't sit back any longer, with every passing day away from her I only loved her more, longed for her more than it was even humanly possible.

All the pain, the memories and longing were drowning me, pulling me deeper under cold water. Cold hands having a strong grip on my legs and refusing to let go before I was completely gone. Nothing left of me but a memory of who I once used to be.

My worst fear becoming my reality, made me lose both my mind and heart. I was now just known as the cold hearted CEO. No one was ever able to heal me, no therapist, just no one. But she was supposed to be the therapy to my already broken heart.

But I can't blame her really, after all I was the one that kept pushing her away. I hurt her, but what no one knew was that I was hurting as well along the way, if not feeling her pain doubled. But now I was left with nothing, no pain or anger, I was just left with hollowness. Big enough to fill me whole, the same place she used to fill instead.

I was completely in love with her, we were supposed to be for forever. I only needed alittle more time and I would've gotten rid of my past and gave her everything she deserved and ever dreamed of.

Three years. It's been a long time, a long time of me hiding and running away, now I can't afford to do that anymore. I can't just keep standing back when I know this might be the last chance I could ever have of winning her back. I can't let her live the dreams and plans we always had together with another man.

I was going to win her back even if it was the last thing I did. I'd rather die than let things play out like they want them to be. No more hiding, no more games, it was now or never.

So after finally seeing her at her workplace, I decided it was time I saw him too. Seeing her wearing that outfit and working from behind the counter, only brought back so many memories, consuming me and hurting me all over again.

But soon, soon all the secrets will be out. If I can't have her back, no one will. No one will ever love her like I do. No one ever will sacrifice as much as I did and still willing to do.

And what was it they said? Everything's fair in love and war?

With that last thought in mind, the door to the elevator slide open and I finally reach my destination. Stepping out, I button my tux jacket, taking my time just standing in the empty hall. Remembering all the times I used to come here. Those were a much happier times.

Glancing down at my gold rolex, I remember that I had an important meeting in a couple hours. So this needed to be done quickly. I make my way towards his door and bring my hand up to knock on it. I take a step back and moments later of me waiting, the door finally flings open.

He was wearing a grin, definitely thinking I was someone else. But the smile was imidiatelly wiped off his face and replaced with a scowl on seeing me.