Chapter 17-Before

Playlist: Clarity-Zedd ft. Foxes (cover Madilyn Bailey)

Nevaeh's P.O.V

Just staying there lying in his arms, couldn't feel any more right. The feeling of safety and belonging that his touch gave me was just indescribable.

We've been awake for quite some time now, but refused to get out of bed and instead stayed cuddled under the covers. His arms were wrapped securely around me, preventing me from going anywhere and it wasn't like I wanted to anyways.

It was the knock on the front door that made me flutter my eyes open lazily. I tug at his arms to let me go and he does so with a groan. I smile lightly at that and start making my way outside our room and towards the front door. Where the knocking was still sounding from.

Thanksgiving was a really amazing time, we've spend it and a couple more days at Pattie's. But we had to get back for college, even though neither of us really wanted to leave. I'm sure if it wasn't for college, Pattie would've locked us both in with her.

It broke my heart the sight of her tears on us leaving, hugging us both tightly and especially her son. I wouldn't know how that felt like, but I could only imagine. Chuckling lightly under my breath at the memory of her pulling on his ear and threatening to castrate him if he doesn't call.

Pulling open the door, I come face to face with my two best friends. A huge grin imidiatelly takes over my face. And the next thing I know is us hugging, after all I can't remember a time we went this long without seeing or even calling each other.

It was just a few days, but not hearing their voices and bickering really felt strange. Ivy just got back late last night from Rhodes, while both me and Justin got back yesterday in the afternoon.

Pulling away from our hug, I let them in. Imidiatelly entering the living room, we all sit together on one of the couches.

"Oh my gosh, I missed you two so much!" I squealed, grinning at the both of them.

"I'm sure Ivy didn't have time to miss us though..." Peyton trailed off with a smirk in our blonde friend's direction.

"Shut up, both of you" she rolled her eyes in response.

Classic Ivy response.

"You know, when I first met you I thought you were a real bitch" Peyton said.

And that takes me back to younger versions of us, back to elementary school when we first met each other

And that takes me back to younger versions of us, back to elementary school when we first met each other. Even back then young Ivy was a sassy bitch. Me and Peyton met first and during lunch she'd always talk about how much of a brat that blonde Ivy was.

I can still remember their very first encounter and it wasn't that pretty, I'll tell you that. I don't remember exactly how it started, but I think Ivy spilled her spaghetti all over Peyton's favourite dress. I think Peyton said something before that, along the lines of how much of a bratty bitch Ivy was.