Chapter Four

Zaid's POV

I head home after 7pm that evening. After changing my clothes, I decide to do some exercise. It is part of my daily routine to exercise after coming home from work. I have my own gym in my apartment, which is very convenient. Exercise helps me to relax. It is my way of 'chilling out' or whatever everyone else has time for. I don't have time to 'chill out', but I make sure that I have time to exercise daily.

 I don't have time to 'chill out', but I make sure that I have time to exercise daily

I decide to use the treadmill today. I take a slow jog, thinking back to the interviews this morning. So, I have found my new PA. Zara Ahmed. I chuckle, remembering her interview. She will be fun to work with. I definitely won't get bored with her at the office. She's nervous of me now, I don't know why. Everyone at the office is nervous and afraid of me, but I don't want Zara to be.

I smile, thinking back to how she didn't look up throughout the whole interview. She's nervous of me. She used to be so different two years ago; she would say anything to me without thinking, but I didn't really mind. She has changed a lot, that much is obvious after one, short meeting. She is not the same, crazy, carefree Zara anymore. Maybe that craziness is still in her, but she is not carefree like she used to be. She is a lot more mature now. Something definitely happened in these last two years, but what?

Is it because of her engagement which broke earlier this year? I know about that, as I've been in regular contact with my parents and Hafsa. I thought that she broke the engagement though, because she didn't like the guy in that way? If she broke the engagement, why would she still be affected by it so much?

It's not only her personality that has changed. Her looks have also completely changed. I told her in the interview that she looks different now, because it's true. She does. It's only been two years, but she looks a lot different now. She's beautiful. I noticed every small thing about her today, I have no idea why.

Her hair is longer now, and it is more wavy. It suits her. Her eyes are beautiful. She has the most beautiful eyes. I am not weird, honestly. Her eyes were distracting me throughout the whole interview. It seemed like she was saying something, and her eyes were saying something else. It seemed like her eyes held so many feelings, so much...pain? When she told me that she is too trusting and too honest, her eyes were watering. What has she been through that has hurt her and changed her so much?

Why am I thinking about her so much? Probably because I saw her today after all this time, and it seems as if everything changed here while I was away.

Anyway, the company bagged another deal. We had been working on this one for the past few weeks, and it is an important deal. There is an upcoming meeting with this company, and then we will see some designs. This company is based in Manchester, but they also have a branch here in Birmingham. It is also one of the largest companies in the city.

After an hour on the treadmill, I power it off and head to my bedroom. I take a quick shower, change, and head downstairs for dinner. Mum and Hafsa have dinner laid out on the dining table. Dad is over at Uncle's house for tonight's football game.