Chapter Nine

Zara's POV

'No! Leave me alone, go away from me! No...don't touch me!' I scream, tears rolling down my face. This can't be happening. This can't happen to me!

He laughs evilly. "You'll enjoy it, sweetheart! Just keep your pretty little mouth shut so we both can enjoy it!"

I tremble, screaming non-stop. No one will hear me from up here, though. Everyone is having fun downstairs in the party. Why did I have to come here?! He makes me sick. I feel like I'm going to be sick, with him touching me like that.

'Please, leave me! I beg of you!' I cry, needing to get away from him. I can't believe that this is his reality. The man who I trusted so much. I trusted him with my life. And this is who he really is?! What did I ever do to deserve this?

"Zara, baby, shh!" He places his hand over my mouth to silence me. But I can't give up like this. I can't give up so easily. I try my best to push him away, I try to punch him and kick him, but he is just too strong.

He pulls me closer to him by the hem of my dress. I hear a ripping sound. No. I cry even more, feeling helpless. I'm all alone here, no one can help me. No one can save me.

I see him take something out of his pocket. Something silver, glinting in the dark. I start screaming as loudly as I can. Is this the end? No. I scream at the top of my lungs.

And then I wake up.

Mum comes running into my room. She looks scared, and worried.

'Zara? What's wrong, dear? What happened? We heard you screaming and ran upstairs!' Mum says, worriedly. Dad and Maryam have also followed her upstairs.

I shake my head. "It's nothing, Mum. I just had a bad dream. I'm sorry for making you all worried."

Mum shakes her head and comes over to me, sitting on the space on the bed next to me. Dad and Maryam also come into my room. They all look very concerned.

'I thought something had happened! Are you sure you're okay?' Maryam asks me.

I nod, forcing a smile. "Yeah, it's crazy. I had a nightmare, but I don't even remember it now. I'm sorry." That's a big lie. I do remember it, very well. I don't think I will ever be able to fully forget that night.

'If there's something worrying you, you know you can tell us anything dear,' Dad says to me, giving me a small, worried smile.

I nod. I honestly have the best family in the world. They are so caring and amazing. "Of course, Dad." Now I feel bad, because I'm hiding things from them. I'm hiding the fact that Hamza is out of jail and that he is back for me. He wants me back. I really am the worst daughter in the world. I can't see anyone get hurt because of me, though. That would kill me.

"It's half 7? Wow, why didn't anyone wake me?" I ask.

Mum smiles. 'I was going to wake you in five minutes, dear. You have work today. Take a shower and get changed, breakfast is nearly ready.' She gives me a quick hug and looks me over, suspicious.

I chuckle. "Mum, Dad, Maryam, I'm honestly fine! I'm sure everyone has nightmares. I'm going to take a quick shower and change, otherwise I'll be late for work!" I get out of bed.

They all leave my room, and I breathe a sigh of relief. I'm such a bad liar. I know that no one believed me when I said that I'm fine, but I'm glad that no one questioned me further. I don't need any questions, because I won't be able to answer them.

I go into my en suite bathroom and take a quick shower.

********

Zaid's POV