Chapter Thirteen

Zara's POV

Time flies by, and before I know it, my first semester exams have finished. It is now Monday 20th of January, and I have been extremely busy the last two and a half months. Yesterday was my third and final exam of my first semester. Thankfully, my exams went well. My next semester starts after ten days, therefore, I will be working at the office for the whole of this week. I like keeping myself busy.

Yes, I am still working at the office, and I am still enjoying it very much. Work and studies have kept me very busy these last few months. You may all be wondering about Hamza, and whether or not I have heard from him again. The answer is no. Thankfully, he hasn't contacted me again after sending that parcel and note two and a half months ago.

Currently, I am sitting at my desk at the office, reading through an important file. Work is still very busy. So is Zaid. Talking about Zaid, he is a really great guy. I enjoy working with him a lot, and I can definitely see the old Zaid coming back. He is a very caring and protective guy. I don't know why everyone finds him so intimidating. I don't at all. He's still my boss, of course, but he still teases me from time to time. I think he likes to tease me for some reason, and to annoy me.

Not much has really happened these last couple of months. Me and Hafsa have been very busy with our studies, completing our first semester of university. I've been even busier than her, with work. Zaid was kind enough to give me a couple of weeks off work, so that I can prepare well for my exams. I've also been spending quality time with my family these last couple of months, which I have really liked.

My intercom buzzes. I answer it immediately.

'Zara, please bring me file B41. Urgently.'

"I'll be right there with the file, Mr Malik," I answer. I call him 'Mr Malik' at work, usually. When we are not at work, though, I usually call him by his first name. He calls me 'Miss Ahmed' or by my first name, depending on his mood.

I head over to the filing cabinet near the back wall of my cabin, and search for the file. All the files are organised in alphabetical order, so they are easy to find. I find the file within seconds and head to his office with it.

I knock on his door. 'Come in,' he replies in a husky, authoritative voice. His voice still makes my knees weak. It's crazy.

"Mr Malik, the file," I say, walking towards his desk in my favourite black heels. He glances at me and smirks. Yes, still the same, crazy and beautiful smirk.

I hand him the file. He looks through it quickly before placing on his desk. 'How was your exam yesterday?' He asks me.

"It was good. I think it went well. Thanks," I say, giving him a small smile.

He smiles back at me. 'That's good, Zara. Hafsa is so glad her exams are over.'

I chuckle. "So am I, I feel so relieved!"

He chuckles. 'Hafsa was telling me that she wants to have a small party with you and Ayesha. To celebrate the end of your exams.'

Yeah, Hafsa mentioned something of the sort to me too. "Does she? I mean, yes, our first semester exams have finished but we don't know how we did on the exams. And our second semester will start soon too!"

'I think it's a good idea to celebrate. Enjoy with the girls, because soon you'll all be busy again with your second semester,' Zaid says to me with a smile.

I nod. "What was she saying about this party then?"

'Oh, it's more like a sleepover. Tonight.'

"Tonight!? I can't then, Zaid. I have work tomorrow, you know. My boss would be mad at me if I was late," I joke.

Zaid smirks. 'Zara, come over for the sleepover. It will be at my apartment. Enjoy tonight, and tomorrow you can come to work with me. That's no problem.'