The Truth

Chapter 1

Arabella's POV

Soon. That's all anybody ever tells me. Soon. Soon you'll find your mate. Soon you'll be 17. Soon you'll understand. I'm sick of that word, I guess.

I hate when people do this to me, repeat one word over an over again. It's sickening. Like yes, I heard you the first time let's move on now! Even my mother won't tell me. I even asked her.

~Flashback~

"Mother, why is everyone telling me the same word over an over again?"

"Which word Ara?"

"Soon." My mom chuckled, she was making my favorite, chocolate chip pancakes.

"Oh Arabella, you ask so many questions. Why can't you just wait and be patient?" She asked, turning around to face me. She was waving around the spatula as she spoke. My mom always had to talk with her hands, it's rather funny sometimes.

"Because it's not in my nature to be patient!" I protested, putting a hand on my hip. "You should know this by now, I got that trait from you."

Mom laughed again, before facing the pan to continue cooking. "You'll understand soon Ara. Go find your brother will you? You two have school tomorrow and I need to discuss some things with you two." I groaned loudly.

"Again with the same damn word!"

"Arabella." Mom warned, she hated when I swore around her.

Without another word I whirled around and stomped out of the kitchen. Mother had it so easy sometimes.

Ara, you know that's not true. Nevaeh has been through a lot. My wolf, Cloud, reminded me. I just rolled my eyes at her, and went off to find my brother.

~End Flashback~

Where could Weston be? He's not that smart to hide so well from me!

"Wes! Mom wants to talk with us about school tomorrow!" I called out, my eyes scanning the clearing in front of me, sadly, he didn't answer me. Then I picked up his scent, it was very faint. My brother smelled like maple syrup and pine needles. It was extremely weird but I could always find him, he loves pancakes with syrup and the woods so the smell just kinda.. stuck to him. The combination always stood out to me.

With a sigh I followed the scent to a house and whipped open the door, after wandering around his scent got stronger, coming out of a closed door. My mind screamed at me not to open that door. Don't do it. While, my sister part of me was saying do it! So I did it.

Bad mistake.

Oh goddess my eyes.

I screeched and covered my eyes.

"Arabella! What are you-?"

"Oh gross, gross, Wes please LOCK the damn door if you are gonna do that!" I whined, keeping my eyes closed.

"Ara, we were just kissing." I heard a female voice say. It was Juno, Weston's Mate. He has the privilege of discovering his mate before the age where we are originally suppose to. Gross.