Resistance

Chapter 9

Arabella's POV

(Her outfit above since it's hot af)

"You are not wearing that today." I heard Axton say from behind me. He's being ridiculous.

"Everyone can see your stomach, your body. Everything that is mine. Your belly button is even freaking showing!"

"Oh goddess no. No one can know I have a belly button! Frick! Quick! Hand me a blanket or someone will find out I was attached to an umbilical cord! Holy shit!" Then I rolled my eyes at him and walked into the bathroom. "Babe. It's a crop top and shorts." (I know it's a skirt but pretend it's shorts lol)

"Ara.."

"Axe.." I mocked him, brushing my hair while doing so. I fishtail braided my long hair, brushed my teeth, and put on a tiny bit of makeup. Not because I needed it, but because I like makeup. It gives me confidence. (Literally that's what I tell everyone that asks why the hell I wear makeup. I get confident in myself when I do)

"Babe. Please change."

"Babe?"

"Yeah?" Axton lifted his head up and looked at me with puppy dog eyes. I couldn't help but sing.

"Oh, I just love your puppy dog eyes; put your hands on my inner thighs; but you won't like my puppy dog eyes."

"So that's a yes? You'll change?"

"How about.... no."

Axton pouted at me immediately. He's such a child.. Cloud muttered.

"I like your singing tho."

Okay I forgive him. I laughed at Cloud and rolled my eyes.

"Thank you. Now excuse me." I slipped on some sandals and bolted out the door, laughing like a maniac as I heard Axton yell 'hey!' He starts chasing me and I heard him knock multiple things over.

I bolted down the stairs and hid behind the kitchen counter, and as soon as Axton stepped foot into the kitchen I jumped onto him and screeched "surprise!" Which made him stagger to the side and fall over while swearing at me. I just laughed and laughed at him.

"You're an ass." He pouted as I slid off of him and towards the front door.

"I already knew that babe." I chuckled, then opened the door to be let with a body that crashed into mine.

"Oh SHIT! Sorry sis!" Weston got off of me and helped me up. He was panting and sweating.

"Whatcha running from Wes?" I rose an eyebrow at him.

"Oh uh-"

"WESTON BAYNE!"

"Shittttt hide me!" He slipped into the closet just as Juno ran into the house, her eyes wild.

"Where is he?"

"Who?" I asked, tilting my head innocently.

"Your freaking brother."

"I don't know. What'd he do?"

"Oh, you didn't hear us arguing?" I shook my head slowly, completely confused at what the hell he did this time. "He told me he wasn't ready for pups."

Oh my goddess.. Cloud muttered. Of course he isn't ready, I'm not ready!

Neither am I. I whispered to her. My mother had to have Wes and I early, he doesn't want to follow the same path. She struggled with us.

"Juno, I can't exactly blame him."

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"I'm not even ready for pups. Luna Nevaeh, our mom, she had us earlier then she wanted to and she struggled. He doesn't want to do the same thing." I explained, slowly I leaned backwards against the closet, blocking it from her. "So I'm sorry, I can't help you."

"Oh.." Her voice wavered and she looked like she was about to cry. Slowly, she turned her head away from me and looked outside in the field where the pups were playing. When she looked back at me tears were streaming down her face. "Why won't Weston tell me any of this stuff?.." Her voice cracked and she broke down crying. "Ara, why won't he talk to me?"

"What do you mean Juno?" I asked softly, slowly reaching forward to rub her back lightly.

"He won't tell me about his life, what he struggled with. He only ever talks to you.."

Oh..

"I'm his twin Juno.. we are extremely close.."

"But I'm his mate. I mean I understand him talking to you, but why can't he talk to me too?.."

"I don't know. He should start talking to you about stuff because you actually might understand more then me. He's only really had me for his whole life, our parents wouldn't listen so I think he assumes you won't either. Our parents were too caught up in their own problems and defending our land."

Juno looked down at her hands and nodded. "Thank you Arabella.."

"No problem." I gave her a halfhearted smile as she turned around and walked out of the house and towards the woods. I whipped around, yanked the closet door open and glared at my brother.

"Now you listen here. I think you really need to start talking to Juno-"

"I know.." he whispered, his eyes were red from crying.

"Stop, listen to me Wes." I stepped forward and held his hands with mine. "I know that both of us have our issues. But that she-wolf out there needs you. She wants and needs you so much. You need to grab onto her and hold tightly before she leaves." Then I pushed him out the door and watched him sprint after Juno. He wrapped his arms around her and spun her around. I couldn't hear them but I know they started talking and he apologized, because she bursted into tears again, said something, and hugged him tightly.

That's all I got to see before my arm started to sting.

"Ara! Run!" There was a loud bang behind me and someone thudded to the ground. Then my world went black.