Pain Like A Thousand Suns

Chapter 15

Arabella's POV

My eyes peeled open, after of course adjusting to the bright sun beams shining directly into my eyes. What the heck sun.
I could heard birds chirping, children playing, and my mate's slow but steady breath.
As I sat up, I couldn't help but notice the sudden pain running through my body. Of course I know why it hurts, I'm not dumb, I just forgot about the after effects.

I yawned and swung my legs over the side of the bed, curling the thin, pale blue sheet around my body. Axton grumbled when I began pulling the sheet off the bed, and off of him, but quickly fell back asleep.
After making sure the sheet wasn't going to fall off of me, I made my way towards the closet. After all, I'm sure no one wants their Luna going downstairs to eat breakfast nude.
It took a bit to choose an outfit, but soon I settled on a sports bra, one of Axton's grey button up shirts, and some leggings.

After pulling on each article of clothing, I threw my hair up into a messy bun and put the tiniest amount of makeup on my face, just enough that I don't look dead. Or like Bloody Mary. That'd be bad too.
With a satisfied nod, I made my way to the stairs and then to the kitchen where I poured myself a cup of coffee with a ton of creamer and made myself some chocolate chip pancakes because yummy. Yup. That's right, that's my reasoning.

Where is Victoria? I asked my wolf calmly, feeling no need to stress myself out at 9:03 in the morning.

Probably with Colby. Cloud chirped back, a smug smile on her wolfy face.
He's attached to the kid.

What? Why would Tori be with my best friend?

Oh girl. You missed out on a lot. Yeah, Victoria is Colby's mate and she doesn't look to be 5 or 6 years old anymore. She's about 10 and growing fast. My wolf rambled on about what the Moon Goddess has said though Victoria and how she was going to be growing mega fast, and that it'll hurt. A lot.

Poor kid. I murmured, taking a large sip, or as other people would say gulp, of my precious coffee. Colby can be quite territorial.

Yeah. We've seen that. She chuckled. He was getting pissy with Axton last night.

Good gosh...

Cloud and I quit talking when I heard footsteps upstairs, and that delicious aroma told me it was my mate.
"Morning sleeping beauty." I called out over my shoulder, just before Axe's arms folded around my waist tightly.

"Morning." He said tiredly, burying his face into my neck for the thousandth time. "You smell amazing."

"Number one, that's a weird compliment but thanks, number two, I am wearing your shirt." I chuckled, running my free hand against the back of his neck, my fingers tangling themselves in his hair.
"Mmmmm." Was all he had in reply to that.

"Go sit down. I'll get you some coffee."

There was a groan, the shuffling of feet, the scraping of a chair against the wooden floor, and a thunk as Axton sat himself down, his head hitting the table.
I rolled my eyes, "Well that was dramatic."

"Mhm."

So I walked over and handed him a cup of his creamer less coffee and a pancake or three, coated in maple syrup and butter. "Just eat and drink."

"Yes ma'am."

"Don't call me that."

"Sorry ma'am."

"Asshole." I muttered teasingly, before finishing my cup of coffee and all my pancakes, I rinsed my dishes and placed them in the dishwasher before walking back upstairs. I should probably put on practical clothing now.

(Ara's outfit ^^^)

(Ara's outfit ^^^)

After getting dressed I brushed my hair and Dutch braided it, put on mascara and eyeliner because I already had my base on, and raced down the stairs to find Axton just rinsing off his dishes.
"Wow. You're really slow." I commented, before racing out the front door and towards Colby's house.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I knocked once on his door before walking inside, and the sight before me was adorable. I almost died it was so cute.

Colby was dressed up in his usually hoodie and ripped jeans, but one hand was cuddling Victoria against him as they laid on the couch. Tori was asleep, but Colby was watching me with a relieved smile.

"Hey, you're okay." He said softly, his eyes trained on me the entire time I was walking towards him. I sat down on the bean bag chair across from the two and grinned.
"Can't get rid of me that easily Colbs."

He laughed at that, "I'm aware of that huge fact Ara." Then his eyes flickered down to the sleeping child on him. "Isn't she adorable."

"That she is. I'm glad I didn't kill your mate." I chuckled, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
"I'm glad you didn't either. She's too precious."

He had Victoria dressed up in white jumper with colorful flowers everywhere on it. She was adorable but older then the last time I saw her. Cloud was right about the age part.
"How many times has she grown?" I asked softly.

"Two times. First she grew to a 10 year old, last night she grew into a 13 year old, and that took all night so she's exhausted." He murmured, running a hand through her thick blonde hair. "My poor baby."

"She'll be okay Colbs." I reassured him, Tori is a strong fighter.

"I know she will be. I still worry through."

Almost as if on cue, Victoria began to squirm around, at first only with a look of discomfort. Then it contorted into pain and a scream left her lips. Colby instantly lifted her up into a sitting position and held her tightly against him. "I've got you babe, I've got you." He kept murmuring into her ear.

Those purple eyes of hers snapped open and another screech left her lips, her eyes found mine first and she forced a smile, until she looked at Colby and buried herself into his chest.
"It hurts Colbs." She whimpered, her knuckles turning white as she gripped his hands.
"I know Tori."

"Can you make it stop Bella?" She whispered hoarsely, turning her head to look at me. I shook my head sadly and slowly walked towards them, laying a hand on her forehead.
"No I can't stop it Tori. But you are a fighter." I whispered, running my fingers through her hair.

She screamed again, but thankfully this growing period didn't last very long because soon after that she fell exhausted in his arms, eyes drooping shut. "Thank you.." she whispered, and then she was out again.

No longer did 13 year old Tori sleep on Colby's lap. Instead, she was replaced with 15 year old Victoria.

The Moon Goddess was wrong. Tori is growing too fast. It won't take a year, she'll be 17 by tomorrow, I'm positive.

And it's going to really hurt.