Twenty-Six

One Month Later

Benita was violently pulling the clothes off of her hanger

Benita was violently pulling the clothes off of her hanger. stuffing them into her suitcase. After the brutal beating Quincy gave her a month ago, she was finally fed up and decided to leave him once and for all. She would've left sooner, but he blacked both of her eyes, busted her nose and lip, and bruised up her face. He paid a doctor to come treat her wounds and then he paid the doctor to keep quiet about what he did, which is exactly what the doctor did. Now, since Benita was now better and her injuries were clearing up, it was time for her to go.

"So you leaving me now?" She jumped as she turned and saw Quincy standing in the closet doorway.

"Quincy?! I-I didn't think you were going to be home so soon." She said, swallowing hard.

"QJ didn't want to be bothered with me so...here I am."

"Well I don't want to be bothered with you either so leave me alone." She murmured, turning away to finish packing her clothes.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Nita. You know that. It's just that...when you brought up Miranda it...it triggered something deep inside of me."

"I don't want to hear your excuses, Quincy! I'll admit, I shouldn't have brought up Miranda and I'm sorry, but you were only with me because you thought she and Darnell had something going on! Do you know how stupid I feel? Knowing that my husband married me out of jealousy and anger?" 

"I didn't just marry you out of jealousy and anger, Benita. I love you and I married you because I love you." He told her. She ignored him as she finished packing up her suitcase. She just wanted to get far away from him as possible. "So that's it? You're just going to leave because of one small ass incident?" He spat.

"One small incident? Quincy this isn't the first time you've beat my ass, nor is it the first time that you've disrespected me! I'm sure if Miranda was still alive...never mind. I'm not going to go there again."

"Yeah...don't!" He growled. She zipped up her suitcase and turned to face him. All her other bags and belongings were loaded into her car, but she just had to get passed Quincy.