Thirty-One

It was close to midnight as Lani clocked out and walked out of the restaurant, making her way towards the parking garage

It was close to midnight as Lani clocked out and walked out of the restaurant, making her way towards the parking garage. She hadn't heard from Saint, Twan, or Tony in a whole month and she was wondering what happened to everyone. Did they fall off the face of the earth? Or did they finally deal with Tony? All these thoughts were circulating through Lani's mind as she approached her car, unlocked the door, and got inside. She sighed heavily, sticking the key in the ignition, but before she could start her car...a hand went over her mouth; scaring the shit out of her.

a hand went over her mouth; scaring the shit out of her

"Long time, no see." She heard a familiar voice whisper in her ear. "I'm going to let your mouth go, but you better not yell." She nodded her head as he released her mouth, turning to face Tony.

"What the hell, Tony! Why are you sneaking up on me?! I almost peed myself!" She whined. 

"I couldn't risk being seen talking to you. Not when I know you're being watched."

"Watched? W-what are you talking about?" She asked, swallowing hard. 

"I'm talking about your little secret meetings with Saint and Twan." He said, placing a kiss on her temple.

"I didn't tell them anything. I swear! I only told them what you told me to tell them and they bought it." He looked her deep in the eyes, trying to see if she was lying or not, but her face was unreadable.

"So whose idea was it for you to call and distract me while Santana escaped?" He asked her.

"I-I didn't know she'd escape. I had to call you so Saint wouldn't get suspicious." She was so scared that she had to press her legs together, stopping herself from peeing right there in the seat. 

"Why you acting so scared of me right now? You know you can trust me, Lani." 

"I know. I'm just...I'm tired." She lied. 

"Well start up the car and let's go home." He told her, sitting back. She swallowed hard as she started up the car and pulled out of the parking garage. Lani was playing both sides, but she was really on Saint and Twan's side. She wanted Tony out of her life, but at the same time...she knew what Tony was capable of if someone didn't do as he said. She had to get away from him before she ended up in the hospital, or worse...dead.