School Day Cut Short [EDITED]

Amber had made it to class on time and was able to turn in her history project and do her presentation without any issues. She was now in biology sitting next to Nathan and was as absent-minded as always, looking at the board with a false sense of concentration as she wandered around in her head looking over all her thoughts. 

     Class is always boring. Nothing interesting ever happens ...I mean, sure there's the occasional kids who mess around and play pranks but aside from that, it's the same old thing each and every day. Actually, now that I think about it I'm the only one who seems to think that way. Maybe it's because I don't have any friends ...well, because of the fact that I can't have friends. Well, according to my mom anyways. I mean it's not like I want friends or anything. I don't ever feel particularly lonely and I ...ugh never mind. None of this matters right now there are other things I need to think about like- her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by someone saying her name. It was Nathan.

     "Hey, Amber, are you okay? You were spaced out during the whole lecture," Nathan asked with a troubled expression as Amber looked around to find that the whole classroom was empty aside from them. 

     Amber nodded and got up from her seat. "Oh well, that's good. Everyone has already gone home. I don't think even the teachers are still around," Nathan said handing Amber her phone which he had retrieved from the front of the classroom. Then after getting all her stuff together and saying a short thank you, she began to leave, but Nathan stopped her. 

     "I don't want you to walk alone so please allow me to walk you home," Nathan said as he hurried up to her.

     "Alright, but it's a long walk and it's up through the woods," Amber warned. Nathan nodded and walked alongside her leaving the school and heading off towards the roads of the town.