A Father's Teaching 2/2

The Savage's jaw trembles, the grip of his hands tighten.

"You are a welcomed asset to the Pack, Bessa from across the sea. You remind me so much of my mate when she was younger."

"Did you love someone else too?" Asking without thinking, Luki drops his fork on his plate.

"Never, she was the one I saw as soon as I made it back to the winter camp after my first shift. She was there in line with all the other females, and I knew who she was to me, instantly." A soft smile changes a harsh face.

His forearms are covered in old ink; they are identical to the Savage's. His neck is covered with tattoos all the way up to his jawline. His hair holds his mate's eye color in small beads.

"How can I love him, when he can't get the love out of his heart for her?" The Savage stills.

"My son has made mistakes. Something that doesn't get fixed instantly. This will take time, lots of time which the both of you have now." I wipe my eyes, and the Savage blinks his.

"Why do I have to forgive him?"

"Because Bessa, you're the better wolf." The Savage's shoulders sink down, just like mine do.

More of the noodles is put on my plate by my mate's hands, he puts more on his plate, and we eat silently slow.

"I feel like mussels," The Alpha stops our silence.

"Bessa have you ever been under the Ice?" He's smiling I think he knows I've never been.

"No, this is the first time I ever saw ice or snow."

"Good, in a few days we will adventure in search of my favorite meal." His hand goes over mine with a squeeze.

"Borson, Luki we hunt together for the next few days. I have some spots that I want to check out before we go." Both of his sons nod to their father.

Borson gets up and takes the plates away, "we should go before the blizzard gets bad." The curtains of the windows have been pulled shut, so I don't know what the weather is doing.

The Alpha looks outside, and that's when I see just a wall of white, nothing can be seen but snow.

"The storm's just beginning, you should stay the night all three of you. Borson, you will keep the fire going. Luki I want breakfast in the morning. Bessa, I want you to get up every time Borson loads the fire and have something small to eat, we need to get your stomach in working order again. Little by little you will start to feel full, trust me on this. Too much too soon is not good, but small portions are the best until you realize that you can hold what you were able to hold before." The Alpha stretches before he takes another giant portion for himself. Luki takes another significant portion. The Savage and I take the smallest not to hurt our stomachs too much with it being filled again.

The lunch extends for hours, talking about the hunting. The Savage admits to having a difficult time competing against his father's skill. How it left him hungry. The Alpha corrected his son saying he left himself hungry, that he wasn't the reason for our hunger.

The Savage agreed with his father.

When the lunch is finally done, both brothers get up and clear the plates. The table is wiped, and I sit on the furs by the fire, my stomach is full, not painful but enough that I know I have eaten. The Savage loads the fire, curling up at the edge of the fur and falls asleep. His knees are pulled up into his body, even in sleep he looks tired.

Putting a fur on him, he shifts his back closer to me. The voices become muffled as the fight to keep my eyes opens happen.

"Sleep, Bessa." A fur is thrown over my body, and that's all I need to keep my eyes shut until the hinge of the stove door opens them again.