Summer Grounds 1.2/2

Power seduces, cementing my spine straighter, without a bend.

The Savage has risen to his completed height with me on his Right. Slowly turning us to face all the gathering wolves.

The pad of his thumb rests against my wrist, the War of my pulse beats hard, fast, without control.

His musculature on him is tightly flexed, blood vessels engorged, primal.

The Savage is puffed up with adrenaline and pride.

Unveiled and bare to me.

A blast of hunger blows into the marrow of my bones.

"Luna of the Far North." The Savage's father walks towards me, there is no crouch to his shoulders, no bend to his spine.

Chin raised, that mimics the Savage at his father's approach.

"You've beaten my mate." His voice is solid, a quiver sharpens the bones of my spine to rub into the flesh. His mate is still crouched on the ground, dripping blood from her nose. Nothing moves but the Alpha.

A quiver of fear.

Fingers weave through mine.

"You've fought well, Luna." Deep greens hone in on mine before he bows his head, low. His inked canvas of flesh spreads even up into his skull, where the side of his head is shaved.

"Thank you, Alpha." Bowing back to him.

"Borson, you have a mate who has exceeded the expectation of someone who has seen many seasons pass by. The Moon has blessed you in her favor." The palm of his father's hand rests on the Savage's shoulder. It makes the curvature of his lips tremble and press together. A shine to his spring green eyes that make my own mist with what this male feels.

Pride in me.

There is a hard tightness in the length of my throat that's from the Savage who is standing beside me.

"The Moon has given me my Right, my Luna." Truthful pride harbors deep within the sound of the Male beside me.

"Lunas are to be respected, always. Whether it's a new Luna starting her path or an older Luna finishing her's. All Lunas are too be respected, and cared for, always." The father of this Savage goes to his mate, holding out his hand for her to take. She rises carefully.

Cheek against cheek.

The Alpha holds his mate's blood on his face now when both turn to face me, hand in hand.

"May your reign hold Honor, hold Virtue of one's self. May you show Strength in the face of fear. May the weak never feel weak while you are close by. May you reign show the Respect to the Old Ways that we hold dear to our hearts." His father pauses, looking at his mate.

His mother steps towards me,

Cheek against cheek...

Our eyes meet once she pulls away.

"May you be a Provider to those who cannot provide for themselves. May you have the Endurance to lead well and the heart to Love all that is underneath your care." His mother says with a wavering sound that is attached to salty tears.

Both bow, turning from us, walking slowly away hand in hand.

Pride within the Savage consumes the structure of who he is to embed into the layering of flesh, sinew, sinking into my bones.

Liquid heat slides along the surface of my throat. The pupils of his eyes are dilating to eat away the green.

He swallows, when I try it gets stuck midway, my moisture has been pulled down deep, between my legs.