Alpha Victoria

Pause.

Everything is held suspended waiting for the breath of the Healer to sound out her words.

Blues brighten, highlighting in the Sun's rays.

She basks in the knowledge she has yet to tell us.

"Victoria has killed her father-" sharp cries go into the sky from Orva and Eta. Hands over their mouths. The braids are tightly woven on their heads. They hold each other, foreheads touching, hands gripping into the back of the other's necks.

They both are smiling with their teeth as eyes leak a sea of salt.

"How?" Orva's sound grinds into the air.

Eta's Wild growls out.

"She defeated her father in an Alpha challenge." The females drop to their knees.

"We should have been there, we should have been there." They rock together. They cry together and I realize that Alpha Victoria has loyalty within a pack that she has never stepped foot in.

"Who stood with her to fight the pack?" Eta can't get off the ground.

"She was in the Northern Pack. Alpha Greyson provided the protection for the challenge to happen on friendly soil." Morvared regards us with eyes of a hunter, but can she still hunt?

"Is she in the East yet?" Orva almost grips the forearm of the Healer. The need for information is humbling Orva at the feet of a Healer that is without humbleness.

"She's not in the East yet."

"Who will walk with her into the pack?" Eta tries to stand. "I should walk in with her, Orva stands her Nest heavy with a Future inside it makes her lumber upwards.

"I could walk in with her, Silver knives are the same as teeth if thrown well." Orva is the one to say this, fist clenched tight. Her jaw holds her tension.

"Luna Bessa, we should be there for Alpha Victoria. We should be there for her arrival back into her home. They will all try to kill her. We should be there" Eta cries into my skirt, gripping it with her hands.

Kneeling postures now, both prostrate themselves in front of me.

"If you die protecting your friend, what of your male, Eta?" My voice falls on her bent head.

"He will know his mother will always protect her friends and has died a warrior."

"And you Orva, are you willing to risk the life of your unborn Future to the teeth of a pack?"

"If I die, I die a warrior's death and will hold both my pups in the Moon as we wait for our mate to join us."

"I've been told that Victoria has her army waiting for her. Charlie is her left. He is a male that has been born on this soil. He is loyal to the death for his Queen, his Alpha. There is no one at this time stronger than him besides Victoria in the East. Her females have learned the skill of silver that they will all hold when she faces her Wall of Teeth."

"How do you know so much?" Questioning her knowledge base.

The wind blows, the Healer's hair lifts up, like the way my neck hair is.

"Nature knows all the movement on her body. She hears and sees it all. And for the loyal one, her weapons-" Morvared's brilliant blues shine with a sharpness, "she tells her secrets too."

"Nature is Evil, she should not be listened too." Scolding the Healer of Crows.

"You have been fooled by the Moon, it's her that lies to us all. No one understands the depth of her betrayal until we rise into her body."