Push And Pull

The Sun's light shames the greyness away from the sky.

Roots that were firmly entrenched into the ground are all uprooted, drying out in the heat of the day.

Nature seems to be in distress.

Full eyes of that pack are on their Alpha.

Blatant blame presses in on him as the raft gets closer to shore. Luki in the back, the Savage dragging us forward with the rope attached to the trees. All I have to do is hold onto my pup. Waves crash over the logs primitively that are lashed together with the destroyed hide of the shelter.

Both males are naked when they step out of the water. The Savage holds his hand out for me take. The loincloth tied securely to my waist. Birth blood is still leaking out - thighs sticky, flies are buzzing around.

Tension elevates the air.

Tight blameful eyes regard their Alpha as he stands to shelter my body with his from the pack.

...he waits.

Solidly standing against his pack. The Alpha facing their judgment of who he is to them.

"Say what you have to say," he speaks to all. His father steps out of the shadow, watching - not interfering.

"You picked the wrong place to stop." An Elder male steps to the front.

"You're carelessness has brought devastation to our pack." Another Elder steps forward, the female leans on a walking stick. Luki stands on his brother's left.

I'm his Right, Luki is the Left. The Alpha is our Middle. 

"As Alpha, you should have predicted this."

A rumbling agreement throughout the pack, like slow-moving waves washing against the chest of the Savage. The ripples starting to get bigger, fuller, more violent as more speak up and accuse their Alpha of putting them in harm's way.

Luki, bristles on his Left.

The Savage listens accurately to everything they have to say. Each of their voices is heard in complete calm.

There is no elevation to the beat of his heart. Nothing rises on him.

Ridge fur is all matted down without a bristle.

Every voice that wants the opportunity to speak their opinion about the situation has the chance to voice their concerns. Once they are finished, the Savage straightens himself up all the way to his full height of Hierarchy.

"There was a miscalculation on my part, I thought that the water would never rise above the ridge. There is no history of the river breaking over the ridge. It will be noted that there is potential for this in our books. I take the responsibility for the loss you have suffered. I made the decision to camp here, and it was the wrong one."

...he waits.

Murmuring, ripple once again gains strength to bash against him directly into his chest.

Taking a step, shoulder to shoulder with my Alpha.

"Your Alpha was with you, helping you through the storm. He was with his pack. While I-" a drop to his stomach is felt by me, so hard it induces a gag. Heart rate climbing on him. The inside of the Savage Wars.

"He was with you, Providing, Protecting you. How dare you blame him for something that was not ever predicted. Were you with your mate when she brought her Future into the world?" Asking the Elder who was the first one to speak.