Nothing

Borson

Bessa breathes the way she's shaking.

"Do you love her too?" Green eyes locking with the Wild's. Her crushing heartache is felt inside our own chest as the Wild shakes his head at her.

"Mine." A singular thought forms from the Wild.

Teeth sink into the soft flesh, as the doubt clings into her curved spine.

The Wild does his best to push her uncertainty away, she just doesn't believe him. Doubt holds, a gnawing emptiness - even when the Wild promises her the world in his language of love.

Pain pulses with the slowing beat of her heart.

My bones feel the erosion of my mate's hurt.

He holds her in his mouth, teeth dug in deep. He wants her to understand as she falls asleep that he's got her, he's here and he won't be going anywhere. Fingers that were curled in the fur gradually relax their hold. Even in sleep, she is restless. Her body tenses, fingers grip into the fur. She inhales before her breathing becomes deep and regular again. All through the night, this repeats itself and every time she awakes with a gasp clutching her throat, the Wild is there to calm her sleep back down.

The light of day starts to stumble itself through the veil of night. Inspecting the cupboards, nothing is left. Nothing is there. Nothing.

...except.

Underwear, her underwear in the back corner. Looking at Bessa she's still sleeping. Wanting to see if I'm still stirred by her scent. Reaching, bringing the material to my nose. Inhaling a memory."Take them off,"  A blush shades her cheeks pink when her thumbs hook into either side of her panties. Blue eyes stare at mine while pulling them slowly down, revealing the distinct triangle of hair. Perfection I think at that time.

There is no reaction from my body, no response from my cock.

Nothing.

Elska's scent should make me smile, but it doesn't. There is nothing decent that clings to the material anymore.

Nothing holds - nothing remains.

Bessa moves, a stretch to her back.

Tossing the panties in the top cupboard, shutting the door.

Bessa opens her eyes - I can't look away.

There is no smile to greet me with her lips, no shine to her eyes. She holds nothing on her face when she looks at me.

I get nothing from her.

"I need a bucket, I have to wash the stench from the inside of this house." Her chin juts up underneath the covering of her veil. Getting her the things she needs, she begins to wash the walls, clicking her tongue. Eyes roam everywhere.

Looking into the empty cupboards again. Not really believing what I see. Nothing. I see absolutely nothing and I'm afraid for us in a few months that there will be nothing to eat.

"There is nothing there, stop opening the cupboards up." She snaps at me when I go to look inside the pantry.

"I don't think you understand what you've done, Bessa. All the food is gone." Trying to keep the panic out of my voice but there is dread.

We have nothing.

"I don't think you understand what you've done," a break in her sound. Words crack like brittle sticks.