The Drowning

Borson's POV

Explosive.

A gasp.

I'm not running. I'm not even walking, but the harsh pounding of my heart is uncontrollable.

...a breath in. Hold. Focus.

"Mine." A potent singular word that means everything.

Deafening - the roar of the heart knows no bounds.

There is no possession of restraint.

Whips of scent guillotine all others smell away. Nothing can survive this onslaught.

"Borson, future Alpha of the Far North territory, let us feast. There will be a great celebration tonight. We shall all rejoice in the union between territories." That Alpha's words are muffled in eardrums that can only hold the pulse of my heart within the space.

Another step is taken.

Closer to eyes that have coiled themselves around my neck, pulling me by the bonds vines towards her.

Another step is taken. Closer.

"Mine."

Closer.

"Stop." Someone behind me commands. Males up on the platform demand of me.

It's almost laughable. Almost.

Another step up. Closer. So close. A bead of sweat runs between the blades of my back.

"Stop."

Turning towards the Alpha. The Wild vocalizes that stop will not be followed today. The word will be ignored.

Honing the sight of my structure towards the Alpha of the Dunes. Locking up. There is no looking away from him. There is only looking into the structure of him, making it shakes and collapses within himself.

He looks away first.

I've always thought the eyes of Males were the strongest. They were the ones to hold you to your spot in a challenge. I was wrong. Her eyes hold me to my spot, her eyes hold the unlimited power of control.

"Come to me, female." Commanding words do not affect her.

Non-moving. She stands her ground.

Another step is taken.

Horrified gasps of females wisp in the air. Muffled by fabric over their mouths.

"This is not our way, Borson." Their Alpha's voice is weak. All that needs to be done is to turn, jump, slash a throat out.

"I'm fully aware of how you do things here. I've come prepared." My father's lessons that I didn't take seriously now pound harder than my heart."They are traders, they will trade a Luna for our servitude. We serve no Pack, Borson. Exchange gold for your Female quickly. Get out of there quickly. They are the Coyote. The worlds tricksters. Do not let the Far North be tricked into Servitude. Our Army is not for trade. Our Alpha will serve no one but the Moon herself."

...think.

"Luki, get the Alpha what he requires." Turning towards the Alpha. Mangling my eyesight into the dilating pupils of his, making his widen to let me inside his head."Get inside another Alpha's head, and you win, Borson. Don't let them get inside yours, you will lose the fight if that happens. Stretch their sight out, crawl into those pupils until all they see is you." The voice of my grandfather now stands beside me.