Our Loses: Borson's POV

I'm choking on a grief-ridden tongue

Unspeakable thoughts gag up, I retch and retch until nothing but a gaping hold in the center of my chest is left.

I'm afraid I'll never feel full again.

The angry beat of Bessa's heart can be heard outside of the house.

I stay outside until I have to go in, bringing with me the grass bundles that will make something comfortable for Bessa to sleep on. There is no point for the both of us being miserable when we try to sleep at night.

There is no more smell of Elska, Bessa has cleaned that smell away with hers, she didn't have to wash the walls for that to happen. All she had to do was stand in the center of the room and breath.

The guilt is a burden, to feel harden by the scent of Bessa while no longer remembering the smell of her.

"What's that for?" Bessa points at the bundles of long grass that I dropped down on the floor.

Going to the cupboards, looking inside. Nothing. There is no food. A part of me can't believe that there is nothing left. Nothing.

"Your bed, it's going to get cold soon, and I don't want you sleeping on the floor."

Closing my eyes because her eyes are fixed on me. I can feel their trail, I can feel the slide of them like a finger pressing into my skin. A shudder completely overtakes all my reasoning away.

"I don't mind the floor." Her voice is lowered. Not as hard, there is give to the sound of her.

"I don't want you on the floor. This won't be as comfortable as a real bed, but it's better than what you're on right now." Turning towards her, not meeting her eyes. They are fixated and dilated on my loincloth. I can feel the trace of her eyes into the fine hairs that are exposed above the cloth I wear to cover myself. She holds a shake to her body, the fabric covering her mouth is pulled into her mouth coming out damp.

"Mine," the Wild reminds me when I start to feel the length of my cock expand on its own.

Her eyes look hungry, her mouth is watering through the fabric that covers her lips from my eyes.

"Are you hungry?" Trying to sound normal.

"Yes," Her eyes trail upwards, along my entire torso. I have to turn slightly from her. The feeling goes too deep. It's as if her fingers are tracing my skin, pressing into my flesh that can't be guarded against.

When my throat is reached, it is an abrupt loss. All the feeling pulls away, leaving my skin goosebumped. A cold feeling now washes along my spine. Her vision hardens. Squints itself into a sneer.

"Was she with you when you got all those tattoos?" I have to clench my teeth together with the way Bessa has now wrapped her arms around her chest. Waiting on an answer.