Chapter 1

Note: I do not own Teen Titans

"With a push of a button, my probes could easily destroy your friends, from the inside and out," a deep voice chuckled from out of the shadows.

"You can't control them," another voice snapped back at him. His voice sounded harsh, confident. "No matter what you threaten them, they'll never obey you!"

"This isn't about your friends, Robin," the deep voice assured, staring at the spikey-haired hero. "It's about you. It's always been about you."

Robin's eyes widened. He knew Slade was planning something. But he never thought he would do this.

"What?"

"Sending trouble your way, leaving cryptic clues for you to unravel... I was testing you. For some time now, I have been searching for... an apprentice. Someone to follow in my footsteps. And, Robin... I've chosen YOU. Congratulations."

Robin stepped forward, snarling, "No way would I ever work for-"

He saw the shadow holding up a button and winced. Slade smirked.

"If you join me," he said, walking towards Robin. "If you swear to serve me..."

He went up to Robin's face.

"If you never speak to your friends again... I will allow them to live."

Slade slowly backed away a little, leaving Robin shocked with fear.

"But... if you disobey even the smallest request, I will annihilate them Robin."

Many thoughts rushed through his head, his main concern revolving around his friends. They were like family to him. He didn't want anything to hurt them. From the moment he met them, he vowed to do anything and everything in his power to protect them. Anything.

* * *

"Where has he gone?" A voice cried. Her long pink hair flew with the wind, her green eyes desperately searching for him. A clue, a hint, something that'll lead them to him.

"Starfire, he's not coming back," a voice said from behind her. She turned to see her cloaked friend standing there, her cape flying in the air.

"You are wrong!" Starfire shouted. "He must! He is our friend, he would never betray us!"

She turned back to the sky.

"Never," she sighed.

The cloaked girl stood beside Starfire and looked out at the town, searching for him as well.

Out on the roof of Titans Tower, the two girls stood there, searching for their friend. As the sun was beginning to set, both of their hopes were starting to drop.

"Come on girls," a voice started from behind them. They both turned to see their high tech friend, a sad expression on his face.

"Yeah, it's getting late," another voice said from behind.

"Come on Starfire," Raven said, levitating towards the other Titans.

"One moment please," Starfire replied politely, looking out once again.

"Star."

A hand touched her shoulder. She turned to see her green colored friend, his fang sticking out as he gave a frown.

"Beast Boy, leave her alone," Raven said. "Give her one moment."

He listened and walked back inside with the rest of them.

Starfire continued to look, but this time staring up at the sky.

"Robin, where are you?"