Chapter 14

Note: I don't own the Teen Titans

Soft music started playing, an eery and ominous tune began to echo around the tower. It was like a distorted version of a children's song. Whether it was a lullaby or a nursery rhyme, the two couldn't tell..

"What the-" Beast Boy started to say.

Menacing laughter interrupted him, making his mouth slam shut. Robin peered inside the box once more to see a recorder, a tape recorder. He took it out and began pressing the stop button, only to be greeted with an even louder laugh. It was like a taunt, making fun of his every move.

"Dude, why aren't you turning it off?" Beast Boy asked.

"It's not turning off," Robin grunted, continuing to push the stop button.

"Then do something about it!" Beast Boy huffed.

Robin stands up and struggles to get the tape recorder open, panic and worry overtaking him. Finally the cassette player opens. Robin pauses in confusion.

"Dude, why aren't you doing anything?" Beast Boy said impatiently.

He walks over to Robin and tilts his head in confusion when seeing a missing tape inside.

"Wha..?"

"I don't understand.." Robin said, still looking down at the cassette player.

The laughter continued to echo the halls, sending shivers down both of the boys' spines. Slowly, green tainted smoke began pooling out of the box from the cassette player. Robin attempted to get out of the tower with Beast Boy, but the smoke prevented any action they could've taken. It engulfed the main room and trapped the two boys in the sick-like air.

• • •

Raven continued to attempt to medicate in her room. It was the only thing that brought her temporary peace with herself, her past, and most importantly, the actions she took in.

"Azarath... Metrion.. Zinthos," she chanted. "Azarath... Metrion.. Zin-"

Laughter interrupted her chants. At first, Raven rolled her eyes and continued to meditate. But when the halls erupted with a more sinister laugh, she knew it wasn't just Cyborg and Beast Boy joking around like normal. As she slowly levitated out to the halls, she noticed tainted green smoke spilling out from the corner.

"Beast Boy?" She called out. "Starfire? Robin? Cyborg?"

No answer.

"This isn't funny!" Raven snapped, slowly levitating to the smoke.

The laughter grew louder. And after a few moments of silence, a scream. A familiar scream that sent shills down Raven's spine.

"Beast Boy..?"

The laughter came back, almost taunting Raven to join everyone else in the green fog. But she knew it wasn't safe.

"Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos!"

A black bubble appeared over her body, letting her breath in the fresh air instead of the mysterious green smoke coming from the main room.

"Let's hope they're all safe.." she said to herself.

With that, Raven slowly turned around the corner, letting the smoke travel behind and trap her in the fog.

A/N:
It's been who knows how long I've updated this story. Sorry. I haven't really been on Wattpad lately, and I don't have an excuse for it. It's a short chapter, I know. I'm sorry again. More updates will come.. eventually.