Chapter 5

Note: I do not own the Teen Titans

Starfire sat alone in her room, thinking to herself. She was confused. Conflicted.

Why would Robin stop and talk to her? Why did he seem in pain? Why? After everything they've done, would he just, disappear? After everything they've been through?

She felt betrayed.

"Starfire, Raven!" Cyborg shouted, running down the halls.

Both of the girls came out of their room to listen to what their friend had to say.

"I found out what's been happening," he said. "With Robin, Beast Boy, us, everything."

Starfire flinched when Cyborg said Robin. The other two didn't seem to notice.

"So?" Raven said. "What's been going on?"

"I think Robin's working for Slade," Cyborg explained. "But not by will. He must have been forced to, maybe if one of his friends were in danger. Like Beast Boy."

"So is it just that?" Raven asked. "If we get Beast Boy out, Robin will stop working for Slade?"

"It can't be just that though," Cyborg replied. "Robin disappeared before Beast Boy was captured. Something else is keeping him from coming back."

"But then," Starfire spoke. "What is?"

The three sat in silence, trying desperately to figure out why Robin left and where Beast Boy was.

"What I know for sure is," Raven started. "We can't take another attack like that. Look at what could happen to us."

She pointed at Starfire's shoulder, which was still healing from the burn. Starfire tried to hide it from her teammates.

Robin couldn't have done that. Not to her.

"I got it!" Cyborg exclaimed. "Remember that attack, when Raven lost her concentration, when Starfire and I collapsed?"

"Yeah?" Raven answered, raising her eyebrow.

"Well-"

They were interrupted by a crash through the window. Another one of Slade's minions came through, attacking all three of them.

"Titans!" Cyborg yelled. "Go!"

Starfire tried throwing her starbolts at the minion, but her right shoulder started to ache. She flew up to where Slade's minion couldn't get her.

Raven concentrated on dodging the minion's attacks.

Cyborg tried shooting the minion with his blaster, careful not to hit anything he couldn't repair in the tower.

"I have a plan!" Raven shouted.

The team regrouped.

"One of us has to get captured," Raven said.

"Are you crazy?" Cyborg exclaimed, turning around and punching the minion and making it collapse.

"Listen," Raven snapped. "If one of us gets captured, the other two can follow. They'll lead us straight to their base."

Starfire and Cyborg nodded, and turned to see the minion tackled them.

Cyborg blocked him. Raven dodged him. Starfire did not.

"Let me go!" Starfire said, furious.

She exchanged a look with Raven and nodded. The minion put special handcuffs on Starfire, canceling the starbolts coming from her hands. She had a quick flashback to when she first came to Earth. She shuddered, knowing she was in a similar situation if her friends did not follow through.

The minion started running away, throwing a grenade on the ground to distract Raven and Cyborg.

"Let's go," Raven said, giving a slight smirk through the smoke.