Chapter 10 - Tonight

I slept well that night. It may have been the lack of sleep the previous night, or Dylan's warm embrace holding me as I drifted to sleep.

When I woke up I felt refreshed and relieved.

Until I noticed my mate wasn't in bed next to me.

I get up and check the bathroom, but no luck. He isn't in the closet either.

Guess I better get ready and look for him.

As I changed into a casual dress and brushed my hair, I thought about how he put my mind at ease whenever I was with him.

My skin was glowing today, and my eyes were almost tinted extra blue. Maybe Dylan telling me we were going to mate wasn't such a bad thing. Part of me wanted that intimacy with him, for him to claim me as his own and finally relieve all of this sexual tension.

But another part of me was so nervous.

Anyways, once I was done getting ready I headed down the hall to Dylan's office and knocked on the door. I didn't hear an answer, so I proceeded to open the door.

Dylan was sitting at his desk and his Beta Lucas was in the chair across from him. Dylan looked worried when he saw me.

"Is everything alright?" he asked me.

"I'm sorry, everything is fine. I just woke up and you weren't there..." I admitted awkwardly. I didn't really want him to know that I was worried he didn't wake up next to me.

"Beta Lucas and I are just discussing what is to happen to Jonas. Come sit." he instructed me. I went to sit in the chair next to Lucas and Dylan cleared his throat and pointed to his lap. Lucas chuckled.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to sit in your lap during a meeting? Seems unprofessional." I chortled.

"It's only Lucas." he replied, and I walked to his chair.

"Only Lucas??" Lucas pretended to be offended as Dylan pulled my waist to his crotch and sat me down on him.

"So, Jonas didn't die??" I asked. The room fell silent.

"Well, it's kind of shocking that he didn't. He wasn't breathing when we found him." Lucas explained to me.

"I want him dead." Dylan growled deeply.

I looked to Dylan and could tell he was back in the moment. He was hurt and betrayed by his own Gamma. I knew Dylan was a very aggressive and stern leader, but death?

"Jonas not only tried to steal and rape the Alpha's mate, but also committed treason in doing so. Pack members have been given the death penalty for less. We don't mess around with breaking our rules." Lucas explained. Dylan's grip tightened on my hips at the words.

I sighed. I know what Jonas intended to do and the punishment seemed fitting. But death isn't something I deal with easily. Dylan must have known what I was thinking.

"Jonas does not have any family, Quincy. His only worth was to me as my third in command and now no one will miss him. He is not a good person." he told me. I nodded.

Who was I to try to change his mind?

"We'll have him privately executed immediately." Lucas said, leaving the office.

"Don't feel bad, Quincy. He's unconscious and won't even feel the transition to the afterlife. They're just going to give him a lethal dosage of medication." Dylan reassured me.

I nodded.

"I don't know if I can do it." I said, wanting to change the subject.

"Do what?" Dylan asked me.

"Well... you know." I told him. He almost seemed in a better mood now that I had brought it up. This man was not very patient.

"You don't need to be so worried about it, little mate. It's going to tighten our bond and connect our souls. It will be wonderful." he grinned and kissed my cheek.

"But I'm scared it's going to hurt." I admitted. Dylan tried to think of what to say.

"It may. It also may not. You never know until you try. And trust me, Quincy. I'm just dying to try." he purred.

"But I'm a virgin and you're so..... big," I said hesitantly. Dylan smirked. I felt a twitch of his cock under my ass and turned to face him, one leg on either side of him.

"Careful, or I'll lose control and do it now." he growled. His voice was low in the back of his throat and he sounded incredibly sexy.

"You won't. You've shown me you're good at keeping control when you need to." I smiled, leaning down to kiss his soft lips. His hands roamed my back as he kissed me back passionately. His erection was apparent, prodding me in the leg.

"I won't lie to you, Quincy. It will probably hurt, but not for too long. I will be gentle until you are used to taking me. The most painful part will probably be the marking, and it won't be that bad." he whispered against me, his finger tracing the spot on my neck where he was to mark me.

"I can't wait to take you, sweet mate." he purred into my ear, making me blush and realize I was aroused. He rubbed my thighs and made my dress lift, exposing my panties.

"When is it going to happen?" I asked him timidly.

"Tonight." he said.

"Tonight?!" I gasped, getting out of the chair and onto my feet. I didn't know it would be that soon.

"I need to mark you or another situation like yesterday could happen. Besides, Quincy. I've been patient and I don't feel like waiting any more." he said calmly. I was livid.

"You've waited a week!" I yelled.

"You don't even care that I'm not ready!" I shook my head at him and he raised an eyebrow.

"Quincy. If I didn't think you were ready I wouldn't do this. I understand that you're nervous but you keep convincing yourself that you're too nervous. And you're not, you've handled far worse." he explained, reaching for my hand and pulling me back to sit on top of him.

"But... I'm going to shift. And I'm going to become the Luna of this huge pack. I don't know if I can do it, Dylan." I admitted.

He rubbed my back and began placing gentle kisses along my neck and jaw.

"I will be right here with you the entire time, Quincy. I know that you can do it." he whispered reassuringly.

I felt better after he said that. I knew he would guide me through it and be there for me. Maybe I was ready. Maybe I was just overreacting.

"I know it's only been a week, little mate. But you are my soulmate sent to me from the Moon Goddess. We have the bond and we are meant to be together. And we will be together for the rest of our lives." he said, kissing my neck more.

I placed my hand on his cheek and looked him in his beautiful sparkly eyes. He was so sweet and so gentle with me, it was hard to believe this was the same man who nearly killed someone yesterday.

"I will mate you tonight and that is final." he growled against my chin. I kind of liked it when he showed me he was in charge.

I looked at the Alpha in front of me and saw my mate. My loving, nurturing, protective, stubborn mate. And I was ready for him now.

All of him.