Chapter 30 - Dumb Decisions

A couple of days went by of our normal routine.

But Dylan was starting to work later going over trade deals with other packs, and he let me out early so I wouldn't be stuck at the office with him until 7:45.

Macy and I had been hanging out more lately.

She explained to me a couple days ago how her and Cam worked so well as roommates because they both liked to... get high.

Marijuana was decriminalized in Dylan's pack, but it was still only supposed to be used for medicinal purposes.

Macy's medical problem she needed weed for was her "anxiety".

After work each day I'd been coming over to her apartment and hanging out with her and Cam while they smoked, but I hadn't actually joined them yet.

I went back to my room and changed into leggings and a T-shirt before heading down to the apartment.

Macy was sitting on the cushion chair and Cam was sitting on the far end of the couch when I got there, and the room was foggy and smelled like burnt skunk.

"Look who it is!" Macy exclaimed with half-opened bloodshot eyes.

Cam laughed and grabbed the joint from her, taking a hit and holding the smoke in before exhaling.

"How was work?" she asked absentmindedly.

"Oh, the usual. Not as fun as watching you two make idiots of yourselves here." I giggled, taking a seat beside Cam on the couch.

"Well, we finished our bio research project, so we figured why not celebrate with a smoke sesh." she said slowly, staring at the window and smiling like an idiot.

I had to admit, they looked like they were having fun each time they smoked. They lounged on the couch and had stupid conversations that made them both laugh hysterically.

It was fun to watch them, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to experience it with them.

I wanted to laugh like an idiot.

But I was a Luna, and I had to be responsible now. I could only imagine what Dylan would say if he knew this was how I spent my evenings after work.

"So are you gonna smoke with us this time, or still too professional?" Macy asked.

"Well." I started. Cam widened his eyes.

"Are you actually considering it?! Usually it's just an automatic no," he said.

"No, I mean—" I said, and Macy held the joint out to me, waiting to see if I'd take it.

"How soon will it wear off?" I asked hesitantly.

"Depends how much you smoke," Cam answered.

I took the joint and held the little paper filter up to my lips.

Macy and Cam squealed like little girls when I inhaled, and when I exhaled I was surprised at how much thick smoke came out.

"Jeez, you're gonna be baked." Cam chuckled.

I whipped my head towards him and gave a worried look.