Chapter 20 - First Friend

Crystal and I had become good friends ever since she harbored me when I was hiding from Dylan. She had no reason to be friendly to me, but she was anyways.

It was also nice to have someone to hang out with during the day while Dylan was at work, even though occasionally she had a class to go to.

"You seem different." she told me, handing me a cup of coffee.

"What do you mean by that?" I inquired. I felt different too, quite honestly. I hadn't been feeling myself ever since I had submitted to Dylan. He, on the other hand, was ecstatic.

She sat down at the other side of the kitchen table and dipped her own coffee, wincing at the heat.

"I don't know, you just seem like... beaten down." she said, furrowing her eyebrows. "No offense!" she quickly exclaimed afterwards.

"Can I tell you something? It might be TMI, but you're the closest thing I have to a real friend here." I told her.

"Of course, Quincy. And I am your real friend, I like spending time with you. You're cool and you're my age, and pretty easy-going for a Luna." she smiled. Aw, that made me feel happy.

"Well... Yesterday Dylan, erm, punished me if you get what I'm saying, for hiding here from him. And by the end of it I had given him my complete submission. And it felt right and wrong at the same time. There was just something strange about it." I explained.

"Hmm," she sat in thought for a moment. "Did you mean it when you told him you submitted?" she asked.

I thought about it and tried to trace back what I was feeling at the time.

"Yeah, I meant it. But it's weird because he's my Alpha so I have to submit to him, but he's also my mate and I want to be his equal." I said honestly.

"That makes sense. It's a tricky situation because you're a human mated with a super powerful Alpha, so like how can you not submit? But at the same time just because you submit to him doesn't mean you have to believe he is worth more than you. And it certainly doesn't mean you two won't make decisions together." she reassured me.

Honestly it made me feel so much better. Crystal was right, my submission didn't have to be some huge deal, and it made Dylan happy,
so why not?

"Hey, a couple of my friends and I are gonna go out to a bar tonight. Do you want to come? It may help you loosen up, and I'm sure it'll be a fun time." she asked.

"Wow, I've never been in a bar and not been the one behind it serving drinks," I chuckled.

"Woo woo!" she shouted excitedly, making me laugh. "Wear something hot, I'll come get you at 8:30."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I was lounging on the bed watching TV when Dylan got back. He came in looking tired.

"You look so sexy in a suit." I winked, instantly making him smirk and cheering him up. I needed him to cheer up if he was going to let me go out tonight.

I pushed myself off of the bed and skipped over to give him a hug.

"Someone's in a good mood." he smiled.

"I am," I started. "Because Crystal invited me to come with her and a couple of her friends to a bar tonight..." I said hopefully.

"No way." he responded instantly.

"Why not?!" I asked.

"I don't want you going out and getting drunk and making dumb decisions." He told me, and I rolled my eyes slightly.

"I'm not going to get drunk, I've just never had friends to hang out with. I didn't go to college, I'm 24 years old and I've never gotten to go out and have a good time. Please, Dylan," I argued.

"It would mean so much to me... I'd be home by 11...." I batted my eyelashes. I could tell he was considering it.

"Fine," he sighed. "But you are to answer my calls and don't do anything stupid. I'll be waiting for you here when you get back." he sighed.

"Thank you!!" I jumped onto him and swung my legs around his waist, bombarding him with kisses.

"I have to get ready!" I jumped off of him and ran into the bathroom, and Dylan laughed at me when I did so.

I'd only ever seen what people looked like at college bars in television, so I guess I'd have to go based on that. I put my blonde hair in loose curls and tossed my head a couple of times so it looked naturally wavy.

Next, I put on a little bit of powder to keep myself from looking shiny, and did a little natural colored smokey eye. I didn't usually wear eyeshadow, but it was a special occasion. I topped it off with some mascara (my eyelashes looked unbelievably voluminous), and some highlighter.

Then, I picked out a short white low-cut cocktail dress.

When I walked out of the bathroom it was 8:20, just on time!

Dylan's eyes scanned me up and down.

"See on one hand I want to tell you to change into a sweatshirt and pants, but on the other hand I want you to be wearing that when you get home to me." he said.

"Don't worry," I said crawling on top of him. "They can look but only you can touch." I smirked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I don't really want them to be looking either, but..." he rolled his eyes and I laughed.

"Thank you for letting me go. My phone is charged and I'm not gonna drink too much." I said, leaning down to kiss him. Our small kiss turned into a passionate one and I felt his hand snake around to feel my butt.

"Helloooo!" the door opened and Dylan whipped his head up to see who it was.

"Oh Goddess, I'm sorry! You guys were having a make-out sesh, I should have knocked. That was my bad," Crystal laughed. Dylan rolled his eyes and I lifted myself off of him.

"Have you been drinking already?" I chuckled, walking to the door as Dylan followed behind me.

"Oh yeah, it's way cheaper to pre-game so you don't have to pay as much of those crazy bar prices," she explained. "Wanna go take some shots?!" she asked excitedly.

"I'm okay, thanks. Let's just head to the bar and go from there," I said nicely, and I could sense Dylan's regret of saying yes to this.

"You look HOT!" she shouted when she noticed my dress.

"You better leave before I change my mind." Dylan whispered to me.

"Okay, okay. I love you. I'll see you later," I said, following Crystal out of the room.

This was gonna be one hell of a night.