#37

"I'm thinking of a number between one and one hundred," Sirius said pacing through the Gryffindor common room. "The closest guess gets a prize."

Peter scrunched his nose up, "Last time your surprise was giving you a back massage."

"This one will be better."

"Forty-eight," James called out from behind his book. 

Remus glanced over, nearly taking a double take. "Are you r-reading?" he stammered. 

James pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose snootily. "Yes Remus. It's what us intellectuals do in our free time."

Sirius rolled his eyes. "He's trying to impress Evans." He cocked his head to the side and snickered. "It's a children's fairytale book."

"I pick twelve," Peter answered. 

"Seventy," Remus replied.

"Crazy! My number was seventy! Remus you sly wolf how'd you know?"

"Must be my bad luck," Remus said with a sarcastic tone. "What's my prize?" 

"You get the pleasure of accompanying me on my detention!" 

"Willingly going into detention? Who do you think I am?"

"A happy little boy who yearns to get in trouble once in his life? Please! It's just polishing the trophies!" Remus shook his head, but Sirius persisted. He grabbed the sandy haired boy's arm and began tugging it. "Remus!"

"Fine!" Remus gave in, standing up abruptly and sending Sirius flying. "I'll go, but I'm not going to help you."

"Just sit there and look pretty."

"Pretty?"

"Yes. Would you like another adjective? Charming, dazzling, breath-taking?"

"Pulchritudinous!" James suggested. Everyone turned to him with the same look of utter confusion. "What?"

Sirius rolled his eyes. "You pick up one book and think you're the king of the dictionary."