Chapter 24

Song: Smoke, Drink, Break Up by Mila J

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

Christopher

As Chris' popularity grew, so did Robyn's possessiveness. She was a green-eyed monster, jealous of any girl that even looked in Chris' direction. Chris' morals had gotten thrown out of whack. He slipped up every now and again but tried his best not to. He just made sure Robyn didn't find out.

Bobby and Whitney were no longer in the honeymoon stage. They were always high and/or drunk, having crazy tantric sex, and fighting. Robyn was constantly threatening girls and Chris had to step to more than a few guys Robyn had flirted with to get Chris' attention. She was crazy. She liked to play with him and push him to his limits; to see how much he'd take.

A nigga starts to get tired of it.

Chris went back home for Christmas break. He was stressed out, tripping from withdrawals and worried about getting kicked out of school. Cocaine didn't help GPAs. He was failing out. In his hometown, he ran into a girl that he had messed with in high school. They started to catch up, one thing led to another and they had sex. Was she "badder" than Robyn? Not really, but she was a breath of fresh air from the crazy. He went back to school after the break and pretty much forgot about the whole thing.

That was, until Valentine's Day.

Clive Davis, a frat boy friend of Robyn's had invited them over to a group dinner date at the Kappa house. However, when they arrived it had turned into more of a kickback than a dinner. They sat around joking and drinking and smoking, having a good time. It was the most relaxed the two of them had been in a minute. Robyn was in good spirits laughing and laid up on Chris.

"Lean up," he tapped her shoulder. "I gotta take a piss." He slid out from under her making his way to the bathroom.

When he returned he didn't see his phone laying on the table where he thought he had left it. He didn't think much of it though, sitting back down and throwing his arm around Robyn.

She scooted over.

Chris put his arm around her again. She shrugged it off, abruptly standing up, quickly brushing tears off her cheek.

"I'm gonna go, I'm not feeling good."

Bewildered Chris also told the group goodbye as they stared at the both of them as if they had two heads. Chris was equally as confused because Robyn seemed fine minutes before but still grabbed her car keys to drive them back to her place.

She didn't say anything as they got into the car. She was eerily calm as he pulled off too. There were a few minutes of calm before the storm.

Before the car had even made it down the road, Robyn said, " 'Just ran into your mom. Was great seeing you over break, winky face. Have to do it again sometime.' "

"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?" Chris asked perplexed.

"Who is Amber?"

"Shit." he thought.

"Amber? She's just a family friend. She came over during the holidays."

He really didn't want to get into it with her.

"So you just sat around the tree and sipped eggnog, huh? See, if you make a turn up here," she gestured to the left, "you'll see where you had me fucked up at."

"I don't know what GPS told you to come for me, but yo ass better reroute, Robyn. Look, nothing happened. You believe me, don't you baby?"

"No, not really. Anyways, I already went ahead and asked the hoe what happened between you two. Let's see what she said," she pulled the phone out of her pocket.