Chapter 5

(F/C) = Favourite Color

You stirred in your sleep as you slowly woke up, folding your legs to your chest.

You froze when your feet moved to a portion of the mattress that felt wet. You opened your eyes and stared at chibi Law, who was deeply asleep.

You sat up and looked around to make sure your crewmates weren't there and uncovered the kid. As you expected, you found a wet patch under him. He had wet the bed.

With a sigh, you placed your hand on his arm and shook him softly, trying not to startle him. "Law," you quietly called. It took you a few more attempts till he raised his cute fists to rub his eyes before opening them to look at you in sleepiness. "I think you have peed on the bed. We have to get out, I need to clean it."

He didn't seem to catch your words, being still half asleep.

You carried him out of the bed and placed him standing on the floor. Next, you removed the blankets and checked the mattress. You were lucky; the moistness hadn't reached it.

You went to check on the kid afterwards, crouching in front of him. His pants were completely damp. "What do we do now? I don't have clothes for you," you commented sweetly, looking at his face.

But he kept his eyes on the floor, cheeks stained in red.

"What's wrong, Law?"

He didn't answer, keeping his head low and avoiding looking at you.

You placed your hands on his shoulders, scanning his reddened face. "What's wrong? Are you feeling unwell?" you asked worried.

"I'm sorry," he whispered so softly you almost didn't hear him.

"Why are you sorry?" you softly squeezed his shoulder, trying to make him look at you.

"I'm sorry I wet the bed. I usually wear diapers at night, but I forgot," he explained with a tiny voice, still avoiding your gaze.

"Aw, don't worry," you tried to comfort him. "It's not your fault, honey. It's okay."

He finally raised his eyes to yours, still in embarrassment. You gave him a reassuring smile, which he returned after some seconds. "Don't tell anybody what I have done, please," he shyly pleaded.

You raised your hand to ruffle his raven hair. "It'll be our secret, yes?"

He nodded, smiling at you.

"But I have to tell Captain about the diapers. We need his help to get them. He won't make fun of you, I promise." You added the last part after seeing his doubtful expression. "Now, let's get rid of the evidence." You winked at him.

You carried him to the bathroom, making sure nobody saw you. Once there, you helped him to take off his wet clothes and showered him. When he was clean, you wrapped him in a clean towel and headed back to your room with him in your arms.

You dressed him with a pair of old yellow shorts you found inside your wardrobe. You never used them because the first time you washed them, they shrank. Lucky that you decided to keep them instead of throwing them away. They still were a little too big for him, though. The waist reached his chest, looking more like a dress rather than shorts, but they would do for now.

Once he was dressed, hat included, you changed your pajamas for a plain (F/C) shirt and a pair of jeans. Then, you took his hand and headed to the door. However, before you could reach the doorknob, you felt the kid pulling your arm down.

You sent him a questioning look.

"I want to give you a kiss," he innocently said.

You smiled at him before crouching down.

He placed his little arms around your neck, and gave you a sweet peck on your cheek.

"Thank you," you thanked him kissing his forehead. "Let's go look for the Captain."

You went to the galley first, but Law wasn't at sight. However, Bepo was there and once he saw him, the kid wanted to go play with him. So you left chibi Law having breakfast in the galley with Bepo and headed to Law's room.

You knocked the door and waited for his permission to enter. Once inside, you closed the door and positioned yourself in front of him with your arms crossed and a serious expression. He was examining the books on his bookshelf.

"Why on earth didn't you tell me you needed diapers?" you scolded him.

He looked at you as if you were completely insane.

"Your five-year-old self has told me he needs diapers to sleep. Why didn't you say it sooner? Poor thing had a rough night because he didn't have them," you explained avoiding to directly specify the reason he had a rough night, as to keep your promise.

Law stared at you with a puzzled look which slowly turned into an embarrassed one. For the first time since you met him, you saw his cheeks turning into a pinkish color. "I was just five, okay?! I stopped needing them at six!" he busted out defensively.

You blinked at his sudden outburst. "Easy, Captain. Calm down. Gee. As you just said, he's just five; he's still pretty much a baby. I'm not going to judge you for something like that. I was just saying he had a hard time and it could've been avoided if you had told me," you said raising your hands in surrender.

He seemed to relax after your clarification.

"So, do you have anything we can use as diapers?"

He paused for a moment, deliberating about your question. "Give me a second," he requested before leaving the room. He returned a couple of minutes later carrying a pack of baby diapers. "I confiscated them from Penguin and Shachi. I think they'll still be good for the child. I have two more packs."

You looked upon him with brow raised in a silent question.

"You don't want to know, trust me."

You reached out your hand to take the diapers but Law moved them away from you, seemingly changing his mind.

"Is anyone else informed about this?"

"Don't worry. Your chibi version already made sure I keep it a secret," you appeased him keeping your arm spread out in wait for the pack.

"Nobody must know about this."

You sighed at his insistence. "I'll do my best, but it won't be an easy task when I share the room with another three people," you sharply observed, letting your arm fall to your side.

There was another pause as Law evaluated your last remark. "In that case it'll be better if the child sleeps here with me," he concluded placing the pack on his desk.

You rolled your eyes. All of this effort just to hide his true nature. How tiring. "As you like. Good luck trying to convince yourself to sleep here." You turned around to leave.

"What do you mean?" he stopped you, not sure of how he should take your words.

"Oh, please, you're the most stubborn man I've ever met. I'm sure you weren't different when you were a child. And that kid is scared of you. He won't want to sleep here with you." You turned again to meet his annoyed gaze as you spoke.

"I'll manage," he said with an irritated tone, and to your opinion, too much conviction.

It couldn't be that hard. In fact, it should be easy. He should know how to convince the child. He was himself, after all.