Chapter 25 - End

"Come on! Let's go dinner!" you cheered excitedly, jumping up and down.

Law had suggested you dined out together, and you immediately accepted, your eyes sparkling in enthusiasm. Law couldn't help but smile at your joyfulness, especially when he knew he was the cause of it.

He took your hand as you left the hotel. He was wearing his usual attire, as well as you. You would've liked to go well-dressed but none of you had fancy clothes for the occasion. But it was okay. You were going to be with him anyways, and he had promised you would do this again properly dressed if you wanted.

"What restaurant do you prefer?" he asked as you slowly walked past a couple of restaurants.

You scanned the few restaurants you had at sight. They weren't many, but you didn't really have anything specific in mind.

"That one," you concluded pointing a restaurant that seemed elegant but simple.

You entered and queued up. Fortunately there weren't many people waiting. A big board next to you showed the different meals you could order.

You smiled at Law, excitedly commenting what you were going to eat, but that smile faltered as you saw his brows frowning as he inspected you face.

He grabbed your chin with delicacy, moving your face to see it from different angles before raising his eyes to the lights of the restaurant. "Are you wearing make up? You look a bit red," he commented studying your face again.

You shook your head.

He placed a hand on your forehead and kissed it next, checking on your temperature. "Do you feel well? I think you're a bit hot."

You bit your lips nervously. The truth was that you had started feeling a little tired a couple of hours ago, and your throat was starting to hurt. But you were so excited about going out with him that you simply brushed it off. "Well..." You doubted. "Maybe I got a bit cold because of the rain and all."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Law sighed.

"Because it's nothing! I'm fine. Don't worry about it," you assured, not wanting to leave the restaurant.

But of course Law wasn't going to let it go. He took your hand and turned around, dragging you out.

"Law! I'm fine!" you protested.

"You clearly have a fever, (Y/N)-ya. That's not being fine. We're going to the sub," he asserted. "Cover your neck. I don't want you to get worse."

You huffed but did as he ordered and kept your neck covered as best as you could on your way to the sub. He placed an arm around your shoulders to help keeping you warm.

Once you were in the sub, you went directly to the sick bay. You remained silent during the checkup, since you were upset he had cancelled your plans so easily.

"It's probably just a simple cold," he stated after examining you thoroughly. "But you have a bit of fever, so I'll extract some blood to make sure you don't have an infection. The child could have passed it on you."

You stared at him with an angered frown, hiding your arms behind your back. "You're not going to stab me with a needle. I'm fine," you stubbornly stated.

He sighed impatiently. "(Y/N)-ya..." he insisted.

"No! We should be having dinner together at a restaurant, not here. This date sucks. I'm not going to go through a blood test. It hurts, you know?" you protested, missing the sparkle of grief in his eyes.