The next day

Liliana

"Aww, look at the two of them snuggled up together. That's the first time I ever saw Dimitri affectionate with someone," Mary mentioned as she and Grandma stood next to the bed, staring at us. That's not creepy whatsoever.

"I like Liliana for Dimitri. Cherisse is nice but so inconsistent," Grandma replied. Mary nodded in agreement. "Well, it's time to wake the lovebirds since Cherisse is having a beach party."

Grandma held out an air horn and pressed the button, not only waking us up but scaring the living hell out of us. We fell out of bed onto the floor with me, landing on top of Satan.

I looked at Satan as he looked at me, then we looked to see Grandma and Mary standing there.

"Aww, look, the lovebirds keep falling for each other. That's so sweet, but it's time to get up. We have a party to attend and wear swimsuits," Grandma declared while leaving the bedroom with her finger raised.

"You heard Grandma," Mary said, leaving the room.

I climbed off Satan and stood up as he followed suit.

"Not that I don't enjoy having an air horn wake me up, but is there a reason your grandma has one?" I asked.

"Grandma finds it more effective to wake people with a loud, piercing sound. She feels it's less hassle," Satan reasoned as I shook my head.

"So, about this beach party," I questioned.

"When someone gets married, we spend a whole week bonding with both families. There's beach parties, dinners, games, rehearsal, then the wedding. It's some weird tradition. I prefer simple. If I ever get married, which is never, I want something small," Satan mentioned.

"Yeah, to me, big means showing off. It's more personal and has more meaning when it's small," I agreed. Wait. What? Why the hell do I agree with Satan about marriage? "On that note, I'm going to have breakfast and change." I left the room quickly. Yeah, we had a small moment where Satan seemed human, but the moment's over now.

*********
Dimitri

That's the first time Liliana and I didn't bicker, having a normal conversation with each other. When she isn't acting like a pain in the ass, she's pleasant. Then again, Liliana is playing her part, although it was nice to wake up with someone next to me.

I went downstairs to see Mom making breakfast while Dad argued with Grandma. Liliana is sitting at the counter, drinking coffee. I sat down next to Liliana.

"I would offer you coffee, but you can fetch your own," Liliana told me.

"I don't need you to fetch me coffee." I rolled my eyes.

"I'll remember that when we get back," she added, smirking. Well, it was pleasant while it lasted. Now, she's a pain in the ass again.

The front door opened and in strolled Alec to the kitchen.

"Well, it's about time you showed up," Grandma declared.

"What do you mean? You saw me the other day," Alec reminded Grandma.

"You should have come yesterday when your brother arrives with his fiancée," Grandma announced.

Alec looked at Liliana and me.

"When did you get a fiancée? I thought you're single," Alec mentioned.

"I was, but not anymore," I answered.

"Yes, it was a whirlwind romance. I met Satan at a costume party. He was the big bad wolf, and I was little red riding hood. It was karma, bad karma, but fate nonetheless," Liliana interjected as I looked at her with my eye twitching.