Rehearsal dinner

Liliana

I got ready for this lane rehearsal dinner. After I showered, I dressed and did my makeup, then I fixed my hair. I kept my hair loose, letting it drape on my shoulders. Most gingers hate the color of their hair, but I love mine. It was a fiery red, bringing out the jade in my eyes. I inherited my hair and eye color from my dad who's Irish.

I put the finishing touches on myself with pearl earrings and a pearl necklace. It's classic yet simple like me. Who needs fancy when you dress classy?

"Wow," I heard someone say.

I turned and looked at Dimitri.

"I felt an emerald green dress is appropriate. I can go with a little black dress, then it makes it seem like we're attending a funeral. Although I'm sure it's similar to a funeral," I remarked.

"It's perfect. The dress enhances your hair color and brings out the jade in your eyes," Dimitri mentioned.

"Yeah, I thought so, that's why I chose it," I replied.

Dimitri shook his head while rolling his eyes. I giggled.

"Hurry, you two! I'm getting older by the minute and it's bad enough I have to suffer through this abomination," Grandma yelled.

I roared with laughter. We left the bedroom and went downstairs to meet everyone. As Dimitri's family left the house, I followed them, then felt a hand take my hand. I looked to see Dimitri holding my hand.

I looked at Dimitri who smiled, then I smiled. We walked out of the house, holding hands. We got into the car with Grandma and Alec. Alec is driving with Grandma in the front seat while we sat in the back seat. David and Mary all ready left to help at the rehearsal dinner.

"So, you never did tell me what happened at the hen party," Dimitri mentioned.

I looked at Dimitri. "Oh, you know, rich people acting better than everyone else. I prefer people who treat others with kindness and respect like strangers," I replied, smiling.

Dimitri smiled. When he smiled, you can see the crinkles at the corner of his eyes and I noticed his dark brown with flecks of golden brown. I never noticed how stunning Dimitri's eyes are. Then you had his beard which gave him a rugged look. There's something about a man with a beard that's attractive.

"What?" Dimitri asked.

"I'm thinking about what you said," I answered.

"What's that?" Dimitri said, leaning into me.

"I wouldn't mind changing our arrangement," I whispered with a coy look.

A smile curled on Dimitri's lips as I said that.

"We'll talk later because I need to talk to you about something," Dimitri said as I nodded.

Alec pulled into the parking lot and we got out of the car. I started walking as Dimitri took my hand, interlocking our fingers. I felt my body tingle when he held my hand.

We followed Grandma and Alec inside and the hostess led us out to an outdoor area with tables and chairs. They decorated the area with twinkling lights, orchids and white roses. I giggled.

"What's funny?" Dimitri asked curiously.

"The flowers are funeral flowers. It's appropriate for an occasion like this one," I chuckled.

Dimitri chuckled as we walked over to David and Mary. We spoke to them for a few minutes, then I went to find Grandma.

I found Grandma at the bar, having a drink.